• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Display Case questions

you can probably fish out an original key in this forum if you want everything original.....which is critical to many Oakley collectors.
Other than that, the price is OK...not super great!

I agree with @Wicked, it's a a little high for a single wide, even though it's a classic aluminium one. It depends how you look at it and how much money you've got to spare.

If this is your first case, my advice is to just be done with it and spend a little bit extra, just so you at least have got a case! Even without the light, it doesn't matter, because you'll probably want to change it to an LED so that it is kinder to the top shelf of glasses.

I doubt you will be able to get it much lower, because the guy who is advertising it, is obviously a collector himself, judging from the photo and the Oakleys inside it.

If this is your 2nd or 3rd case, then you can afford to wait till something else comes up.

Don't forget, that usually what constrains the prices, is whether you can easily get one in YOUR area. There's no point thinking you've got a bargain, if you have to drive halfway across the USA to pick it up!! If you have to ship it, it might cost twice the price!!

The way I'd think about it is, how many have actually appeared in this condition and are reasonably close to me. Would I be prepared to pay the cost of a pair of gascans just so that I can get one now? Personally, I would. It's much easier to buy another pair of gascans than one of these babies.

I really don't think the guy will go too much under $300 for that.

IMHO price ALL depends on your location in this world as relevant to inventory in said area. For some $150-200 is the value in their area because there is many options out there available. For others $350-500 is the value because these rarely come up in their area.

For me I live in an area where these are uncommon and hard fo find for sub $300 and many are near this asking price if you can even find them.

This all said in “my” area and if I needed a case $375 is not a bad price (I’ve paid more and I’ve paid less). I’d offer $300 and hope he bites but if I paid over and up to $375 I wouldn’t lose sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back