• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Display Cases only for distributors ?

galeanoandres73

Oakley Beginner
Hello I got the impression that Display Cases were only for distributors
I mean you want to sell oakley products , you become licensed distributor, oakley send you years catalog and Display Cases Im right ?

And then when you go out of business or otherwise stop selling Oakley products, you make the effort to return those cases to Oakley?

Theory vs. practice.

The truth is, in theory, these display cases were given to resellers under the condition that they are the property of Oakley and should be returned if they stop selling the product. In practice, many resellers just sell the cases instead of returning them. And Oakley never follows up with them. They could, but either they don't care, they don't mind, or it's not worth the effort. But they're being sold all over the place, including ebay, and Oakley doesn't seem to mind. If anything, it gets their branding out there a little further.

And as a piece of unrelated advice, it's always a good idea to research a seller you don't already know before you buy from them. There may be a reason somebody has been trying to sell the same pair for almost a year, why nobody else will do business with him, why he might describe other members as not being nice - perhaps he's entered a deal with people before to sell them only to pull out and burn them. Perhaps even more than once. It leads to a lack of trust.

Most stores are suppose to destroy the cases. With the Aluminum cases Managers are told to use a grinder to the Logo. Then they should have been recycled.

As we know a lot of them do not make it to the recycle center. Thankfully!!

At first Oakley was paying to have them shipped back. Well that got to costly so that is when they were getting destroyed.

I know years ago when I first started seeing cases on E-bay the auctions would get pulled down and stopped.

I think when the economy went into the tank what 5 -6 years ago many businesses had to shut down. That is when a lot of cases started hitting CL.

People were closing there store so they did not care. Plus I think it was not worth it for Oakley to try and get all of them back to then turn around and recycle them.

The Aluminum ones will get more harder to find in the next few years.

My case came from my local vault. Head office told them they could dispose of them rather than send them back. A donation to charity and I got a double wide when they moved to the current spine cases.

Latest Posts

Back