• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distortion - Flak 2.0 AF Prescription

Shoe

Oakley Beginner
New to the forums. First post.

Just received a pair of Oakley Flak 2.0 Asian Fit Prescription glasses today.

To say the least I am not pleased.

My prescription is -4.5/-1.0/165 OD and -4.75/0/0 OS. Single vision polarized with Emerald Iridium.

The left edge of the right lens nearest the nose is completely.....feckered.

I took a video of it clearing showing massive distortion when I move my eyes only to the left and keep my head straight. It does not happen on the left lens. I have a slight astigmatism in the right eye.

Also I'm not exactly about how thick the lenses are. I mean they are almost double the thickness of my previous Oakley Crosslink Switch with polycarbonates. It's massive on the edges to the point where the bottom of the lenses are actually touching my cheeks, even with the larger nosepad. With the non prescription lenses they do not touch.

So.........I called the place I ordered them from (shall rename nameless for now) and sent them the video below and they were happy to have me send them back and have it redone.

Thoughts?

The video makes it hard to justify it. It's maddening. Causes me to lose focus for a split second and makes me a bit dizzy.

Below the right lens is on the left....You can see how it's thicker. I'm guessing maybe they shaved off too much of the lens when notching it to fit the frames....or maybe they didn't shave down the lens enough causing it to stick out far enough that I can actually see the edge of the lens in my line of sight.

On a related note I also ordered a pair of Crosslink Pitch prescription glasses with high index 1.67 lenses, photochromic/transitions. Hopefully I do not have this problem with them (have not arrived yet).

2016-02-02 13.57.10.jpg

Thank you.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? My presciption is not good...but it's not like -9.0.

I found the lenses to be extremely thick. Does Oakley have its own version of a high index/thinner lens??

Well I got my replacement lenses yesterday and they look pretty good. No more crazy distortion. I did notice, however, that there were less of the OTD Edge strips on the left lens compared to the original pair which I thought kind of interesting.

Also, the online store could not provide an explanation as to what exactly happened....and of course I got the obligatory "This is the first time this has ever happened...." line..... If I had $1 for every time I pointed something out and heard that...I'd be a millionaire.

Waiting on my Crosslink Pitch now.

Back