• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distortion With Oakley Prescription Sunglass Lenses

Right pair

Well, I do not know that I would go that far. I mean as a cyclist you want a wrapped pair. I will agree I have some more ideas on things to look into.

oaky . . .
so it was your slow brain and not the lens, that you got the distotion from.
just kidding

sounds like, you have a plan now, how to get the right pair for you - cool!
that make me happy :cool:

Additional Info

For those of you that run across this thread in the future, I wanted to share what I just found -- that I am not alone. Google "wrap prescription sunglasses distortion."

Spoke with a Lenscrafters manager today. Very nice guy. He inspected the lenses and confirmed they are single vision and genuine Oakleys. He also confirmed the lenses matched my prescription. I explained to him how I feel much lower to the ground than reality when I am cycling, and how my speed is actually much higher than I perceive. He explained my lenses are wrapped at about an 8 degree angle. He said this can take awhile for your brain to adjust to. He said some people can do it and some cannot adapt. (It reminded me of when I tried mono vision contacts. I was not able to do that.) He said it was very important that my prescription be accurate/right on for the lenses to work. He said not to get progressive/bifocals or I would most definitely experience distortion. He suggested I speak with the people that did my eye exam to make sure everything was correct there, and he stated they should be able to explain what is causing my distortion only when cycling. (The guy is not an optometrist.) If nothing could be found through my eye exam to explain it, he suggested I try prescription sunglasses with lesser degree angle e.g. 3-4 percent hence no wrap.

Sigh... I guess my next stop will be Pearle. They did my eye exam.

As I side note, I just want to recommend to all in general that you use a credit card when making purchases as added protection in case you have a problem with a merchant. It gives you another means of recourse e.g. filing a credit card charge dispute versus a small claims court case. For those of you that tend to get into trouble with credit cards, pay the charge amount immediately (before the bill comes) that way the monthly statement will always have a zero balance.

Latest Posts

Back