• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distresssed Blue Flak Jacket

I saw the flaks today. Looks like a craftsman in blue and orange with matching microfiber bag. It's a box set but no polarized lens like the others, $350.

null_zpsee3ad737.jpg

This reminds me of a lot of the relic-ing craze with guitars. A number of years ago, Fender introduced new guitars that looked like they'd been played in smoke-filled clubs and hauled around to gigs for years. Chips and dings in the finish, worn fingerboards, pickguards scratched to hell, tarnished hardware, faux cigarette burns on the headstock...all at a premium price (it costs money to age a guitar 20 years in a matter of hours).

Nowadays, most major musical instrument companies offer these "relic" guitars. And lo and behold, there are people willing to pay extra for a brand new guitar that looks like it's been run over by a truck. I could never get my head around it, but the things sell really well. I own more guitars than I do Oakleys, and I try to keep all of them in as nice a condition as possible. But I guess it's cool nowadays to make everybody think you don't know how to take care of your personal property. I guess Oakley just now got the memo that Fender read about 20 years ago.

Those are terrible. Why would you want to buy a frame that I already worn out its like buying a pair of jeans with holes already

Not quite.

Holes in jeans reduce the life of the jeans or make them unusable depending on what you do with them (assuming you by them for actual use and no fashion, not sure why you'd do this but I'm sure people have)

The glasses just appear worn. There is nothing actually wrong with them (not worn out, scratched, knicked, beat up, etc). They're still brand new and just look old.

A better comparison would have been jeans that are faded and look well worn in.

Personally, I think this looks pretty cool cause it reminds me of the heat signature from a thermal camera where blue is cold all they way to red being hot. I guess I just like that kinda stuff. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking! I think they're pretty awesome looking! Maybe on a frame with more surface area, these would look better, like a Jawbone...if they're going with Sport frames!

Latest Posts

Back