• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diving into X Metals

Well, that was quick. I’m really digging

yeah, that’s the one. I was thinking about making him an offer. What would be a reasonable price?
Don’t get your hopes up......and just a word of advice, stay away!!! :brunette:

@MinC13 i will share a thread of mine that i started last week asking for help and info on a pair of Juliets, it has some good advice on to what to look for if you decide yourself to get a pair of Juliets.

I myself also have a medium to large head and i think the Juliets fit me ok, they are also more to choose from than the XX, as others have told you the Pennys are really nice but are small definetely not for me.

It takes patience to find the right pair, for me it took a little over a year to find the one i was looking for, a Plasma Frame, in good condition and fairly priced.

Good luck whith your hunt and here is the link to the thread i told you

@MinC13 i will share a thread of mine that i started last week asking for help and info on a pair of Juliets, it has some good advice on to what to look for if you decide yourself to get a pair of Juliets.

I myself also have a medium to large head and i think the Juliets fit me ok, they are also more to choose from than the XX, as others have told you the Pennys are really nice but are small definetely not for me.

It takes patience to find the right pair, for me it took a little over a year to find the one i was looking for, a Plasma Frame, in good condition and fairly priced.

Good luck whith your hunt and here is the link to the thread i told you

Thank you brother!

Who refinished the xx?!?! That looks really good!

Thanks.
I'm not sure who did the copper plating, but it has no clear coat on it. Probably one of my favorite frames.

Thanks.
I'm not sure who did the copper plating, but it has no clear coat on it. Probably one of my favorite frames.
Nice. Likely @SouLFuLFroG then. thanks!

Well, that was quick. I’m really digging

yeah, that’s the one. I was thinking about making him an offer. What would be a reasonable price?
The thing with that frame, is it has been refinished, has custom cut lenses, and is requesting top dollar.

Plasma finishes have a unique patina, very cool to see two frames age differently.

Resale on refinished frames is usually less than compared to a OEM finish.

As @pjd1234 said (a true X Metal Connoisseur) just be cautious.

@MinC13 get you a juliet first to see if you even like wearing an xmetal. As has been said here already you can get a really good condition juliet for $300-$400 depending on colorway. Xmetals are heavier and to keep the nose bridge tune from loosening too soon they have to be put on and taken off like goggles... you may not even like that. You'd have less money spent on a juliet in case that happens, plus you'd probably be able to move the juliet easier.

How hard is it to tighten a nose bridge?
I've never even attempted it. I know the xs has screws so its more conducive to diy tunes, but I haven't had to do any of my xs yet.

I'm pretty studious about not flexing my metals so I've been years and only sent one pair off for tune. It was my very first pair and I put them and took them off wrong which flexed them a lot and loosened them a good bit. I learned and adapted.