• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DIY Camo Dogs

Never paint glasses myself. But from what I know when I was in the motor trade. You will have to have some sort of key on the frame for the paint to adhere to & also a sealer coat over the top to stop it from coming off. Preperation is the key factor with it. Poor preperation & the paint will not stick.

SIMPLE ANSWER: leave it to the professionals. Almost every time someone does this themselves it looks like crap im just being honest here but very very few of us here are professional painters for a living. I've seen some shotty icon paint work before.

SIMPLE ANSWER: leave it to the professionals. Almost every time someone does this themselves it looks like crap im just being honest here but very very few of us here are professional painters for a living. I've seen some shotty icon paint work before.

I'm with you on this one yoshi.......................wait til "dr's in the house".....................(90's ref there for all you UK raver's......Herb's & Mrs H)..............but I to would have a word with dr. chop as he's an artist with his work.

I'm with you on this one yoshi.......................wait til "dr's in the house".....................(90's ref there for all you UK raver's......Herb's & Mrs H)..............but I to would have a word with dr. chop as he's an artist with his work.
Don't leave work to the amateurs. Yes if we are talking about the forum particularly, then Dr. Chop is the person to call.
I leave my stuff alone. I rarely even switch out lenses.

you can probably do somehing like that, but you get the results of what you put in it. so with that said, why ruin good oakleys with ad sh!t? not to be rude, but thats like putting gas station shades on your face...

k, with that clarified, sure you can use rattle can paint...as with ANY paint job, prep is key. plastic isn't the easiest thing to get paint to bond to...you have to wait til the base is fully cured before applying your "paint pen" treatment or whatever is next. if you plan to wear them, yes you must apply a topcoat compatible with your paint...I use automotive high end paints and iwata airbrushes so I have no recommendations for rattle can product to use...Good luck with that...putting lenses back in after paint is always fun...

Latest Posts

Back