• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DIY Romeo 2 Tune-up?

Jordan

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of carbon black Romeo 2's from around 2006; over the years they have served me well but the nose bridge is loose and the arms no longer have any "lock" to them (i.e. they flop around). The lenses are also in less than stellar condition. I called Oakley last week and sure enough, they don't do tune-ups or have any lenses for these bad boys anymore. I'd like to get another 5 years of life out of these frames, but I need some guidance. What's the most sensible path to getting these back into decent condition? Would like to keep the cost under $150.

Contact The X-Man here on the Forum. He has been a godsend to us X Metalheads offering tuneups & re-finishing. Frames return tighter than HQ and the material he uses will not deteriorate like the stuff HQ uses. Turn-around time is usually only a few days. See his Sticky thread in "X -Metal Discussion ". Read members posts and view their pics to see how many satisfied customers he has.

Offline Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast Message Count: 1,628 Trophy Points: 208 Location: Chicago New Contact The X-Man here on the Forum. He has been a godsend to us X Metalheads offering tuneups & re-finishing. Frames return tighter than HQ and the material he uses will not deteriorate like the stuff HQ uses. Turn-around time is usually only a few days. See his Sticky thread in "X -Metal Discussion ". Read members posts and view their pics to see how many satisfied customers he has.
+1

Contact The X-Man here on the Forum. He has been a godsend to us X Metalheads offering tuneups & re-finishing. Frames return tighter than HQ and the material he uses will not deteriorate like the stuff HQ uses. Turn-around time is usually only a few days. See his Sticky thread in "X -Metal Discussion ". Read members posts and view their pics to see how many satisfied customers he has.
Thanks. :) I read about at least two others cutting other Oakley lenses to discontinued lense sizes; who would you recommend and what are the going rates for that service? Are there any third-party lenses you recommend?

I just had my Mars fixed and refinished by The X-Man, they look like new now.
Hi there, new to this forum. Trying to find a way to refurbish a pair of Mars. Rubber bushings have all disintegrated and everything is just flopping around. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated! I live in Taiwan, but can ship the glasses anywhere. Thanks!

these kinds of posts are why I appreciate the "dyer"...he truly is 'the man"

And I, as well as many others here, appreciate your hard work and dedication in helping all us Metalheads have such nice pairs! Thank you!