• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do any current Oakley cases fit X-Metals?

My apologies if this has been addressed a bunch of times in the past.

Now that I have more xmetals than I do cases I was looking at buying another one.

Oakley site lists a soft vault, metal vault and carbon fibre case. Soft vault looks like it comes in two different styles.

All 3 can be seen here

Oakley Hard and Soft Glasses Cases and Bags | Oakley® Store

Will my Juliets and XX fit in these?

Of course even if they do fit maybe I should buy an old school xmetal vault on here or eBay. Thoughts?

The only vault they currently sell that fits x metals are the flak hollowed out soft vault sand the strong box. Below are the following that fit the majority of the x metals. You can view pictures on o-review.com:

-X metal soft vault
-X Metal vault (it has an X on top of the lid). Watch out with these people tend to mislabel theses and if you don’t pay attention you’ll end up with an o matter or wire vault. Tends to happen mostly on eBay.
-flak jacket soft vault. ( it looks like a tall clam shell but it’s hollowed out
-array vault (it’s pretty big and has a spot for your frame and 3 extra lenses. It was meant for sport frames and the tombstones.)
- cross range vault ( its half the size of a array vault but longer than a soft vault, you can fit one frame and an extra set of lenses)
-strong box ( pretty big and depending on variation you can fit multiple frames, with a price like that I would invest in a pelican case for a quarter of the price.

The only vault they currently sell that fits x metals are the flak hollowed out soft vault sand the strong box. Below are the following that fit the majority of the x metals. You can view pictures on o-review.com:

-X metal soft vault
-X Metal vault (it has an X on top of the lid). Watch out with these people tend to mislabel theses and if you don’t pay attention you’ll end up with an o matter or wire vault. Tends to happen mostly on eBay.
-flak jacket soft vault. ( it looks like a tall clam shell but it’s hollowed out
-array vault (it’s pretty big and has a spot for your frame and 3 extra lenses. It was meant for sport frames and the tombstones.)
- cross range vault ( its half the size of a array vault but longer than a soft vault, you can fit one frame and an extra set of lenses)
-strong box ( pretty big and depending on variation you can fit multiple frames, with a price like that I would invest in a pelican case for a quarter of the price.

I think the Flak Jacket soft vault is what I tested my juliets on.

I think the Flak Jacket soft vault is what I tested my juliets on.

It’s the most common and easily accessible for x metals. I usually use those for my Juliet’s and R2’s.

I should really take some pictures. I have a ton of vaults that I rarely use. @cacatman sounds like you have another thread with your name on it. ;)

1520390478576-722212064.jpg

I have another of these I pulled the plastic formed part out of. Does an XX/XS fit? Yes. Would I use this? No. Why? I have Xmetal soft vaults. OK? But, if you needed to, would you? I suppose.

XX fits into Flak Jacket Soft vault although there's a bit of extra room where a pair of spare Flak lenses are supposed to be stored.

Not sure if these are promoted as cases for x-metal but they do not fit juliets. I'd get a nice large square x-metal box and buy new foam if the foam in the one you find is bad.

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

Back