• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do i get the Ducati's?

Silent Oz

Oakley Expert
Co. Durham, UK
Cant decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a pair of Juliet Ducati's, BNIB for £279 ($440). I really like the look of the Ducati but I've already got a carbon juliet that currently has black lenses, though i do want to change those to ice or ruby, also got an x-metal juliet that could do with new lenses. Cant afford to do both, so which do i do? buy the Ducati's or get new lenses for the frames i've got? I cant decide.... opinions welcomed.

This dont help but id be stuck as well... you could get the Ducatis and if you dont like them sell them on and get the lens you wanted?

I've got the Carbon Ducati and just not crazy about the Carbon- to me it looks like it could have been applied with a rattle-can.

I've got the first gen too, and I prefer the first gen to the second. A little crazy for daily use probably so taking that one step further I added LineGear red rubbers and black polarized lenses to an old X Metal frame. I really like the look of red rubbers and black iridium lenses:

7356080510_9a38ebe664.jpg

So maybe put fewer bucks into a frame that you already own and already want to put new lenses in?

My .02, good luck!

So maybe put fewer bucks into a frame that you already own and already want to put new lenses in?

My .02, good luck![/QUOTE]
I did that with a carbon frame, linegear rubber and lens.
DSC_0002-2.jpg

This dont help but id be stuck as well... you could get the Ducatis and if you dont like them sell them on and get the lens you wanted?

Yeah i was thinking if i change my mind i could always sell them and get my money back, would just mean having to wait to get the other lenses.

I've got the Carbon Ducati and just not crazy about the Carbon- to me it looks like it could have been applied with a rattle-can.

My .02, good luck!

I really like the carbon frame so not worried about that, really like what you've done with your x-metal frame though, does look good!
I think the lenses is the sensible thing to do, but cant help feeling i'll regret not getting the Ducati's later on when its no longer an option.

I did that with a carbon frame, linegear rubber and lens.

You went red on the lenses too, that helps break up the black of the frame even more!

For the plasma frame beneath, I did the green linegear rubbers too-, aren't they a little too green? I think that I actually prefer the OEM emerald with the emerald slate except for the lack of emerald orbital gaskets.

Linegear's green is really, really green.

I think the lenses is the sensible thing to do, but cant help feeling i'll regret not getting the Ducati's later on when its no longer an option.

They are not getting cheaper by the day are they?

I like the presentation of the LE's/SE's and the Ducati box is cool for display as is the "Ducati" etching in the lens for sure.

Better get one while you can if you want one. Boxed LE/SE's are getting fewer and farther between. When you look on ebay right now and search Oakley Juliet Ducati your return is a single rubber kit.

You went red on the lenses too, that helps break up the black of the frame even more!

For the plasma frame beneath, I did the green linegear rubbers too-, aren't they a little too green? I think that I actually prefer the OEM emerald with the emerald slate except for the lack of emerald orbital gaskets.

Linegear's green is really, really green.

Yeah, I love the top pair. The bottom I am not so sure about anymore, like you said it is a bit too green for me, may change them up down the road.

Back