• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do I look like a @#!+~@

I mean, wearing them when we are all older really guys. Now, I'll happily wear anything, except an OTT to walk down the street in.

DEXATI20151026000450.gif
:rofl::rofl:

I saw a guy probably in his 70s rocking polished/fire Juliets. I just thought "Cool guy", nodded recognition and walked on. If that's me in that many years, great, even if only in my own head! I'm already at the older end of the forum and feel they suit me fine.

No particular age Kronin. Just referring to why a lot of individuals are moving them on for ageing/don't suit me anymore reasons.
Just made me think y'know.

I guess thinking about it, I haven't changed my skater 'style' since about 92 (the year!) and now have horrifyingly hit my fifties. The only moment of self doubt came after someone took some pics of me wearing my pearl white Straight Jackets. I cringed, sold them & bought some black Fast Jackets! You'll know the moment- but maybe it won't ever come!

I think as long as you're comfortable with what you're wearing it's no problem and I've seen a good few people 60+ with R1's, 24k XX, Juliets and even a Ruby penny look great! If feeling more self conscious as we get older does happen, maybe tone down the frame and lens combinations to suit :)

Latest Posts

Back