• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do I Need To REQUEST To Be Able To Get On The Buy And Sell Page?

beergrover

Oakley Beginner
Howdy all,

I have been on this forum for more than the 10 days as it says needed and I have also been posting/along the way. I am eager to access this as I am seeking some nose bombs for my XX Metals bought back in 1999. I just bought some at the Oakley store and they do not fit the way the originals did...not even close actually even though the part number is the same. There are big gaps showing the metal below where it used to be covered by them. Can anyone shed some light as to what I need to do to get access? I have had a couple of people say that it would be the place to find said nose bombs.

Thanks for the help

M

If you do a search in the forum help/rules section you will find your answer. 10 days could be right up to your first posting, and then it could take an hour for it to reset, then you will have to log in and out again.... Also Make sure you READ all the forum rules, before posting

"Discussions" searches might have helped too. You have Juliet nose bombs on an XX frame, hence the poor fit and non-conformance to the frame.
The Juliet bombs do mount to the frames and are largely functional but they are just not right.
Putting a want thread in the exchange probably won't get you a set because you are about a year or so behind the curve on these.
Often the best solution is to find someone selling an XX box with all ancillaries: warranty papers, 25 t-shox and the needed nose bombs which were included as extras in the original packaging.
I'm not saying that you should put on a flame suit before posting your WTB thread, just saying don't be disappointed if you are the only one posting to that thread.

"Discussions" searches might have helped too.

---I have put on a thread asking about availability of these nose bombs and as I stated I had someone recommend that someone in the buy/sell forum would have some that they "hoarded" away. Just going off of advice given.

You have Juliet nose bombs on an XX frame, hence the poor fit and non-conformance to the frame. The Juliet bombs do mount to the frames and are largely functional but they are just not right.

------------Interesting because the box clearly states on it made for XX Metal frame. Also...they are BIGGER than the Juliet bombs that came OFF the frame that I was using. So...I remain perplexed as to why they fit as they do.

Putting a want thread in the exchange probably won't get you a set because you are about a year or so behind the curve on these.

---------------Again CarGuy....only going on advice by a fellow forum member. As I said....Although I have been wearing these X metals for 13 years I am NEW to this forum.

Often the best solution is to find someone selling an XX box with all ancillaries: warranty papers, 25 t-shox and the needed nose bombs which were included as extras in the original packaging.

----------------That is advice that I will take and do. Thanks.

I'm not saying that you should put on a flame suit before posting your WTB thread, just saying don't be disappointed if you are the only one posting to that thread.[/QUOTE]

Latest Posts

Back