• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do LX Lenses fit on Standard Frogskins?

i was able to get frogskin lens to fit into LX acetate frame, but not the other way round :)

I'm looking to purchase these lens Brandnew inBOX Genuine Authentic Oakley Brand Frogskin Bronze Polarized Lens Set | eBay

And I ask seller this question: I just forgot to mention, are they for LX or standard frogskins frame? I'm looking if Oakley made them for standard fit. Just to want to make sure, I don't own any LX frame.
And here his answer: These are for standard Frogskin frames, and there is no difference in lenses between the LX and standard O-Matter material Frogskin lens sizes. They both use and accept the same lens cut. I've had multiple sales associates at Oakley confirm this for me.

I'm a little confuse here...

Just call Oakley now and they confirm that they have been able to fit LX lens on standard frame but not the other way around, the thing is that they really not recommend doing this because they are not identical and it could damage the frame. They also don't use the same material as LX is made of (Lexane) or something more rigid which are the same material as for the lens made motorcycle.

Back