• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do not use Ruby or Fire for driving?

It's curious that Australia / New Zealand ban so many lenses for driving.
According to the AS/NZS1067:2003 standard, lenses are banned for use when driving if they provide "very high sunglare reduction", so the ban seems to be based on light transmission levels. However, the way the standard measures light transmission is pretty specific, and probably doesn't match Oakley's published light transmission levels too precisely.
That's some good info, I would've thought the banning was due to too much light transmission. Like g30 and titanium, they barely black any light

European Carry-All?

Kitchen sink?

Even Ronaldo(who is an absolute stud on the pitch) makes it look kinda fru-fru...

man-purse.jpg

The only time its ok for a man to wear a man purse is if youre on an Indiana-Jones-Like adventure/mission...

bag-RotLA2.jpg

It's curious that Australia / New Zealand ban so many lenses for driving.
According to the AS/NZS1067:2003 standard, lenses are banned for use when driving if they provide "very high sunglare reduction", so the ban seems to be based on light transmission levels. However, the way the standard measures light transmission is pretty specific, and probably doesn't match Oakley's published light transmission levels too precisely.

Too much glare reduction can make you miss slick spots on the road. Its an unwritten rule amongst bikers in FL that you don't wear polarized lenses when riding because it could make you miss a slick spot from engine oil or rain

I
Too much glare reduction can make you miss slick spots on the road. Its an unwritten rule amongst bikers in FL that you don't wear polarized lenses when riding because it could make you miss a slick spot from engine oil or rain
I think I heard the same sing when I began snowboarding, there were no polar shields because that woukd make you miss icy spots. They did release polar lenses after a few years but I never tested them. I think thenlogic is the same with bikers

Latest Posts

Back