• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do O stores generally care about returns?

Rebelxd

Oakley Beginner
I wanna buy a few pairs online to try and return what I don’t like in store. Is this frowned upon? I know it probably varies store to store. Just curious if anyone had an opinion on this 🤷‍♂️

I wanna buy a few pairs online to try and return what I don’t like in store. Is this frowned upon? I know it probably varies store to store. Just curious if anyone had an opinion on this 🤷‍♂️
1. Try on in store.
2. For returns, if Oakley's policy states that you can return online purchases in store (I don't know If this is the case) then why should it be frowned upon?

fwiw, the oakley stores near me have been difficult on returns, especially if the item was purchased from Oakley website. I hope you have better luck than me.

fwiw, the oakley stores near me have been difficult on returns, especially if the item was purchased from Oakley website. I hope you have better luck than me.
Difficult like not doing it, or difficult in arguing about it?

I agree with @BDHO email customer service and they’ll give you a return label.

1. Try on in store.
2. For returns, if Oakley's policy states that you can return online purchases in store (I don't know If this is the case) then why should it be frowned upon?
You can submit a return thru an Oakley Vault/Store in terms of shipping out, but it still ultimately has to be received by the online/warehouse entity before a refund can be issued. The Sunglass Hut on the other hand will only do exchanges in-store, but returns still require being sent in via mail (either mailed directly or using the store to ship them back).

A single return isn't going to bug them, doing something like I did early on, doing 2 or 3+ returns/exchanges until finally settling on one can probably make them less likely to go out of their way to hook you up with a deal or spend extra time with you answering questions.

But like others have said, if you go thru online, best to email customer service and deal with them online. If you have a local vault, you can at least try them on in store before deciding to purchase (if you really like them, I suggest buying in-store, the store gets the credit for the sale and the time they gave to helping you choose, they don't get credit for anything sent to them online for in-store pickup).

Back