• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do Oakley lenses now have backside AR coating?

starfly

Oakley Beginner
I'm liking the new Whiskers and interested in giving those a try. Do the newest Oakley lenses now finally feature a backside AR coating, like what for example Maui Jim and Ray-Ban offer on their polarized offerings? That's the one thing I always found lacking in Oakley lenses. I just can't unsee those reflections anymore now that I'm used to wearing lenses with backside anti-reflective coatings.

Thanks.

I believe their Rx lenses do, but standard lenses do not. One thing I have learned is to consider how large the frame is relative to my face. if there is too much gap where sun can reflect off the back of the lenses it will cause me issues. mainly I struggle with 6 base lenses, but that’s just me.

Ah, bummer. Guess no Oakley for me yet then. I have a bunch of Oakleys currently and I can see the reflection of my eyes in all of them on a bright day. Pretty annoying.

Guess my next pair will be a Maui Jim.

I'm liking the new Whiskers and interested in giving those a try. Do the newest Oakley lenses now finally feature a backside AR coating, like what for example Maui Jim and Ray-Ban offer on their polarized offerings? That's the one thing I always found lacking in Oakley lenses. I just can't unsee those reflections anymore now that I'm used to wearing lenses with backside anti-reflective coatings.

Thanks.
I recieved my new Ejector with Prizm 24k lenses. First thing I noticed was the glare on the inside of the lens's. ANNOYING.
Can you have them AR coated from a private lab ie Optical?

Back