• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do serial numbers add value?

Bravan

I should Work at Oakley
Should I expect to pay more for a pair of Juliets with a serial number than another pair without serial? The only thing I could find on this question was that if the number is very low under say 1000 then value maybe more. Any answers greatly received.

They do on SI/LE's particularly but also the higher RRP pieces since its seen as a primary indicator of being genuine product- which helps protect value at resale later. There's more demand for serialized Ducati Juliets, serialized XX's, etc hence a slightly higher price/value. Less of a delta with a higher production piece like a Juliet plasma emerald or a Juliet xmetal BI.

One answer, two reasons:

Yes, it increases value.

1. For Provenance and grading. If you were to buy a complete original pair one with a serial/matched and the other without or mismatched, with everything exactly the same including price, which would you pick?

2. Numerologists. if you were born 12/9/20 (yesterday) and you found two exact same of your favorite plasma//fire Romeos with serial number 120920 and 120900, which one would you buy? or for Jordan fans #23 or whatever Lucky/meaningful number etc.

Back