• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DO They Make Fake SI Gas Cans????

ehckman

Oakley Beginner
Has anyone heard of or seen a fake pair of the tan SI gas cans with the American flags Icons? I just think this dude on craigs list is retarded because he said they are fake because one of the flags is backwards (which its supposed to be) just curious if anyone has seen or head of them because i might pick these up lol they are hella cheap

Gascans are faked pretty often. However, the SI Gascans have a backwards flag on (i think) the right earstem as that's how the flag flies when running into battle.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/f/faqflag.htm

The full-color U.S. flag cloth replica is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

The rule dates back to the Army's early history, when both mounted cavalry and infantry units would designate a standard bearer, who carried the Colors into battle. As he charged, his forward momentum caused the flag to stream back. Since the Stars and Stripes are mounted with the canton closest to the pole, that section stayed to the right, while the stripes flew to the left.

Some si gascans are just a regular matte black gascan with gunmetal icons so im sure there are some fakes out there...

They do make tan Si with the flag being a olive drab color rather than red white and blue. Mine are red white and blue with the olive drab color over the red white blue, take a closer look and you'll see what I mean,

They do make tan Si with the flag being a olive drab color rather than red white and blue. Mine are red white and blue with the olive drab color over the red white blue, take a closer look and you'll see what I mean,

It's the "Tonal" flag, done in desert scheme. They make a set of Fuel Cells with this icon, but not in the desert frame color.

The American Flag has a set of guidelines that dictate how it is shown. When displayed stationary the field of stars is in the position of honor, which is the upper left. When displayed on a moving object the position of honor is to the front, which is why soldiers wear a "reverse" flag on their right arm, and why the right stem of the Gascans and Fuel Cells are the same way.

I haven't seen a faked Desert Gas Can yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. Check it out, it has a matte colored frame and is most fakes are polished IIRC.

No, I was just referring to the fact that the Fuel Cells have an option for a similar tonal logo in the Desert Gas Can, but in matte frames.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol well i bought them and they check out you can tell th difference between o matter and plastic just from the sounds the only thing that mae me raise y eyebrow was one of the icons was upside down but i just peeled it off and made it up right but yeah i knew the one was suppoed to b flipped on the right stem but whatever 20$ cant go wrong i highly doubt they are fakes though because i searched high and low all over the internet and couldnt fine one pair of fake tan gas cans with the flag

Back