• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do Valentine Frogskins Have A Generic +Red Iridium Lens?

oakleybezerk

Unicorn Chaser
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Rainbow Nation
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether the Valentines Day Frogskins came out with the generic positive red iridium lens or special release? Unable to tell from online pics.

ej86.jpg

Should just be a normal + red. I have never heard of a special version of a lens

Should just be a normal + red. I have never heard of a special version of a lens
The +red lens can be very deceptive when looked upon at different angles. Unfortunately I do not own a Valentine... yet, hence my question about the lens.
I appreciate the response. Thanks Thomas.

I've held a pair. They appeared as just a normal + red to me. Pictures are always hard to tell in, I can understand that.

Crystal red supreme is one pair that has lenses unique to that pair
It's still a + red lens, it was just a crappy batch. It happens all the time with that colored lens. It's not a unique lens just differences between different years or production.

It's still a + red lens, it was just a crappy batch. It happens all the time with that colored lens. It's not a unique lens just differences between different years or production.

It is true that there are differences between +Red lenses in terms of production and over time, however, the Crystal Red Supreme Frogskin I believe does have a unique lens as OGfrog claims, the label states "Red Irid" and it does appear different in colour to any +Red lens I have experienced, additionally I am unaware of any other glass where the lens is labelled as Red Iridium. The difference in colour, the label, and the lack of anything else appearing the same, makes for some reasoning that the lens for 03-110 is a one off.

The lens for St Valentine's Day is a normal +Red with no etching or unusual characteristics. (I am still very much in the hunt for a complete new condition example, pm me if anyone can supply).

It is true that there are differences between +Red lenses in terms of production and over time, however, the Crystal Red Supreme Frogskin I believe does have a unique lens as OGfrog claims, the label states "Red Irid" and it does appear different in colour to any +Red lens I have experienced, additionally I am unaware of any other glass where the lens is labelled as Red Iridium. The difference in colour, the label, and the lack of anything else appearing the same, makes for some reasoning that the lens for 03-110 is a one off.

The lens for St Valentine's Day is a normal +Red with no etching or unusual characteristics. (I am still very much in the hunt for a complete new condition example, pm me if anyone can supply).

Good to know, I honestly have never even looked at a the box to mine. But good to know.