• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do women's glasses fit different than men's?

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
I think I already know the answer to this, but if you had 2 of the same pair of glasses (flak jackets for example), if one were women's and one were men's, would they fit any differently?

My girlfriend and I are getting ready to buy a jeep wrangler, and she is worried about her glasses flying off her face when the top and doors are off. She currently has the necessity frame. They look fine on her, but if she so much as bends over or turns suddenly, they will fall off her face. I told her to try on my flak jackets and see if they fit tight enough, and my flak jackets were still a little loose. She is small and has a hard time finding glasses that fit snug. She asked if a women's pair of flak jackets would be tighter. I told her that I didn't think so, but I would double check. So here I am.

I'm not sure about the half jacket 2.0, but I've tried on several different pairs of fives squared and every one of them is very loose on me. The orbitals are small, but the frame itself is loose.

Seems like Oakley doesn't have much love for us small headed people. I only have 1 fives squared right now and I agree with you. The stems are a little loose on me too, not loose enough to fall off though. Out of all the frames I have in terms of how tight the stems sit I would have to say juliet, x squared,flak jacket crosshair '12 and fives squared all equal

If you are talking specifically about the women's version of Flak Jacket then yes they do fit slightly different. When Oakley started making glasses for women they pretty much subscribed to the rule "Shrink it and Pink it". Taking mens frames and making them slightly smaller then releasing pretty colors. The Womens Flak is proof of that.

Most recently Radar Edge came out. It has a lens designed more for a womans face with high cheekbones. Subtle difference but one that helps fit a wide variety of faces.

As for a lot of the Active Womens styles they are designed with smaller faces in mind of course.

As for the glasses flying off her face I have driven several jeeps with no top or doors and I have never had a pair even so much as lift on my face. Generally I am wearing frogskins which fit very loose and as I mentioned I haven't had it happen sitting in the front seat of the vehicle. I don't think she has much to worry about in that aspect.

If you are talking specifically about the women's version of Flak Jacket then yes they do fit slightly different. When Oakley started making glasses for women they pretty much subscribed to the rule "Shrink it and Pink it". Taking mens frames and making them slightly smaller then releasing pretty colors. The Womens Flak is proof of that.

Most recently Radar Edge came out. It has a lens designed more for a womans face with high cheekbones. Subtle difference but one that helps fit a wide variety of faces.

As for a lot of the Active Womens styles they are designed with smaller faces in mind of course.

thanks for the info. maybe she can try on some womens specific flak jackets or radar edge. i dont recall seeing a different set of flak jackets for women in sunglass hut though.

As for the glasses flying off her face I have driven several jeeps with no top or doors and I have never had a pair even so much as lift on my face. Generally I am wearing frogskins which fit very loose and as I mentioned I haven't had it happen sitting in the front seat of the vehicle. I don't think she has much to worry about in that aspect.

my biggest concern is that since they're so loose, she could do something as simple as turn suddenly to look at something and they come off her face and out the door.

Seems like Oakley doesn't have much love for us small headed people. I only have 1 fives squared right now and I agree with you. The stems are a little loose on me too, not loose enough to fall off though. Out of all the frames I have in terms of how tight the stems sit I would have to say juliet, x squared,flak jacket crosshair '12 and fives squared all equal

I disagree, most of their frames are for small faced people.

Latest Posts

Back