• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Cover One Arm When Storing Your Oakleys?

I never saw any point in using the plastic sleeves after shipping. I have never experienced any sort of rubbing on the earstems, but there must be some reason for including the sleeves, otherwise I'm sure Lux would have done away with them already. ...I always keep the stupid things in the box though, just so they're 100% complete, in case I sell the glasses or something.
It's funny, I read this topic the other day and completely agreed with you. Couldn't recall seeing any glasses with a rub mark in pics, etc. Then, I stumbled across an extremely unique pair I purchased that had apparently been in storage for the last year, and low and behold, there was a slight rub mark on the inside stem. Most of it came off with a good rubbing with the microbag, and the rest may come off with a polish (not extremely noticeable anyways), but was just funny to see that so soon after reading this thread.

It's funny, I read this topic the other day and completely agreed with you. Couldn't recall seeing any glasses with a rub mark in pics, etc. Then, I stumbled across an extremely unique pair I purchased that had apparently been in storage for the last year, and low and behold, there was a slight rub mark on the inside stem. Most of it came off with a good rubbing with the microbag, and the rest may come off with a polish (not extremely noticeable anyways), but was just funny to see that so soon after reading this thread.
That's exactly why I asked the question - occasionally notice people mentioing "rub marks" when selling their glasses, but never knew if they actually existed ... o_O

Polished frames are more noticeable. One of the many reasons I dislike polished frames.

Right here in the center of the photo, that's from the top stem when folded. Gotta get it in the right light to even notice, and the clear frames are even more tough to see them.
39D804F1-5E29-4945-B384-D944A936D3F1_zpsmydf4lqj.jpg

Polished frames are more noticeable. One of the many reasons I dislike polished frames.

Right here in the center of the photo, that's from the top stem when folded. Gotta get it in the right light to even notice, and the clear frames are even more tough to see them.
39D804F1-5E29-4945-B384-D944A936D3F1_zpsmydf4lqj.jpg
Thanks for the picture ...

Only frame in would do it with is radarlock. The stem snaps back and actually will rub the lense

Back