• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Feel Weird Wearing Black/yellow Oakleys Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just putting together my collection and will feature it once I do the big move. He was a liar and cheater but so was EVERY other cyclist in those days... what means the most to me is this: why did TDF not give his wins to anyone else? because they know that the next guy and the next guy and the guy after that were all doping too.

Livestrong is an AMAZING foundation and has given so much! Without it, there wouldn't be as much awareness/funding/etc. Think of what that yellow bracelet did for Cancer awareness.

This is something that's above and beyond "sport".

+1 +I like yellow and black.

Came out as a cheater? Who seriously didn't know that Lance Armstrong was cheating? And what is the big freaking deal? All these cycling officials want to throw him under the bus, but you don't see them handing back all the money that they made off of his name! "Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling." Really? It has been proven that at one point or another every one of the top twenty guys in the sport have used performance enhancing drugs. So in reality, our cheater just beat all of your cheaters. He took a sport that no one outside of France cared about and made it bigger than anybody could have hoped or imagined. And he raised millions for a good cause.

I think black and yellow is among the best combinations of two colours there is and I have all the Lance Armstrong/Livestrong editions except the C Six and OO Black P Scalpel (still looking for the latter), the glasses are made by Oakley and that is the main focal point for me, so wearing any of these is no problem and additionally I have no negative sentiments towards Mr Armstrong, I do not find it too challenging to pick out all the good points about the man and consider those instead of the issues surrounding the recent publicity.

Came out as a cheater? Who seriously didn't know that Lance Armstrong was cheating? And what is the big freaking deal? All these cycling officials want to throw him under the bus, but you don't see them handing back all the money that they made off of his name! "Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling." Really? It has been proven that at one point or another every one of the top twenty guys in the sport have used performance enhancing drugs. So in reality, our cheater just beat all of your cheaters. He took a sport that no one outside of France cared about and made it bigger than anybody could have hoped or imagined. And he raised millions for a good cause.
+1.
I have the Livestrong Straight Jacket and thought about repainting the yellow accent. Changed my mind and oakleyguru's take on the issue is the reason why. It felt weird at first but not anymore.

Bill Burr fan?

I am just putting together my collection and will feature it once I do the big move. He was a liar and cheater but so is EVERY other pro cyclist, even today... what means the most to me is this: why did TDF not give his wins to anyone else? because they know that the next guy and the next guy and the guy after that were all doping too.

Livestrong is an AMAZING foundation and has given so much! Without it, there wouldn't be as much awareness/funding/etc. Think of what that yellow bracelet did for Cancer awareness.

This is something that's above and beyond "sport".

Fixed :)
Came out as a cheater? Who seriously didn't know that Lance Armstrong was cheating?
The masses that bandwagoned his winnings and claimed they "follow" cycling, when in reality they have no clue what it takes to compete at that level or the sport itself.

Black and yellow/bright gold are my school colors. I'd wear them if they were a standard Oakley colorway, and added Livestrong yellow rubber to an M Frame to make the color combo.

Who cares about all that mess. We all know black and yellow shades are for showing your allegiance to Hufflepuff house :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back