• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do you keep a pair in your glove box?

I always have at least one pair in the console. It seems to me that perspiration on the lenses contributes to delamination more than heat

I keep a back up pair of matte black Holbrooks with warm grey lenses in case I accidentally leave the house without a pair. Sometimes I take and wear that pair when I feel like it.

I’m with @Cutch22 , always keep a vintage (of course) pair of Ray-Ban Outdoorsman in the cubby.
Re: de-lamination,
My theory is, sweat dries and the salt crystallizes under the edge of the iridium, forcing it off the lens.
Or gremlins...could be gremlins...

I have had a pair go from a good set of vintage glasses to a pair with delaminated lenses in 5-6 hours of heat and humidity in the truck. They were my daughters fates with and the lenses were totally ruined. So honestly I wouldn’t recommend leaving in hot car especially older lenses.

Stash the Julie's in a xmetal vault in my glovebox when at work....safer there than in my place of employment.

I’ve had an rx pair in my car for a full year without issue. I also keep a light and dark lens pair in my glove box without issue.

I’m with @Cutch22 , always keep a vintage (of course) pair of Ray-Ban Outdoorsman in the cubby.
Re: de-lamination,
My theory is, sweat dries and the salt crystallizes under the edge of the iridium, forcing it off the lens.
Or gremlins...could be gremlins...

+1, I too have a pair of beater RBs in my car for those times when I forget to grab a pair while starting from home. Why RB? Simply because the glass lenses are never going to scratch or peel or get damaged from the heat!

Back