• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do you like to "Do It Yourself"........

IDK but it was not fun, that much I can tell you. I'm sure I lost at least a year of my life from exposure to the "stripping chemicals" I had to use to get all of the stuff off and ready for the Armstrong stain I used.

Consumer Reports touted Sikkens as a never peel, chip or flake. Not so much. I sanded each and every deck board, 4x4 post, and rail board, per manufacturers requirements to prep too.

Lesson learned. Forget C.R. and call some obscure small business most people have never heard of, talk to someone really knowledgeable and willing to help you, and your prayers will be answered.

I was nowhere near that thorough. I just walked into Home Depot, looked at the stuff on the shelf, and picked one.

Something's brewin'...
IMG_5407.JPG

It may be a while :behindsofa:

It is the TS-55, my neighbor is a nice guy and let me use it. I think he just didn't want to help rip plywood... :(;)

Thats a nice neighbor you got. I would lend out my X-metals before I lent out my TS-55 or Kapex. I will post some pics next time they get set up.

I finally finished the latest project.

Before- (please excuse Darth Vader, he creeps my boy out at night)
IMG_5432.JPG
IMG_5434.JPG

After- My wife hadn't had a chance fancy it up yet and the phone pics suck, but you get the idea.
IMG_5464.JPG
IMG_5472.JPG
IMG_5475.JPG

It is a queen size Murphy bed made from a combination of material, but it is mostly plywood. I bought a kit which was just the hardware and plans and I the added on the shelves. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it!

Latest Posts

Back