• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do you like to "Do It Yourself"........

Gonna find out. Lol. So far so good!
Be very surprised if cats stay away but if that doesn't work......

I put down a combination of moth balls and stuff I picked up a Lowes (can't recall the name), it was the only cat repellent they had. I think it's working.

Neighbor's cats would use our front flower bet as a toilet. I didn't know (or care) until our puppy decided that cat poop was a treat.

He's no longer going in our flower bed to find snacks so I think it's working.

I also found this I was going to try next

Friendly (but Effective) Cat Repellent : 5 Steps (with Pictures)

I put down a combination of moth balls and stuff I picked up a Lowes (can't recall the name), it was the only cat repellent they had. I think it's working.

Neighbor's cats would use our front flower bet as a toilet. I didn't know (or care) until our puppy decided that cat poop was a treat.

Thanks Orion.

I will try that in the front yard, problem is it's my vegetable garden. I don't want to use anything that might poison the veggies.

Thanks Orion!
Same problem here.....my dogs. Eating the cat treats and trying to eat the cat. The spray may help....if Michael doesn't! Problem is that it is my vegetable garden, so I had to make sure I didn't use anything poisonous or I would have tried other things. Hoping Michael does the trick.

Last year I had started using orange peels. It helps till they dry up so I started using orange essential oil as they say cats don't like citrus. This year however we have had so much rain it was being washed away. @Orion

My Aunt used to plant Coleus-Canina around her vegetable garden to keep out cats. They hate the smell and wouldn't go near it. Unfortunately so do dogs, so it might not be good for you, but it's a thought.
coleus-canina.jpg

Last year I had started using orange peels. It helps till they dry up so I started using orange essential oil as they say cats don't like citrus. This year however we have had so much rain it was being washed away. @Orion
Where did you get your orange oil? Rain will always be a problem but coming up with a cool way to deliver the scent but keep it from washing out might be a DIY project :)

Where did you get your orange oil? Rain will always be a problem but coming up with a cool way to deliver the scent but keep it from washing out might be a DIY project :)
I'm an esthetician so I got it from work but you can get it in health food stores and sometimes the drugstores will carry essential oils too! Pm me if you can't find it and I will send you a bottle. ;)

Yep. That will work!
Cool, i'm always hesitant to get stuff I have no knowledge about since a lot of stuff companies make are lesser quality products.

Like citronella oil. These the real stuff and the citronella smelling stuff that doesn't have citronella and doesn't work for crap.

Found that out the hard way while getting eaten alive in my back yard.

Latest Posts

Back