• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Miss The Name Stamped On The Front??

stevan5150

Oakley Expert
I know I do, yeah at times it would rub off but I really feel around when the "new straight jackets" and " new eye jackets" hit in the 2000's they really had it looking good.

Depends on the model we're talking about. I think it would look good on sport frames like the M and the Radar. But I wouldn't like to see it in a Hijinx or a Fuel Cell.

I actually don't. There are a few models that had it or didn't depending on build and I always prefer it without. Why? Oakleys speak for themselves...you should be able to look at a pair and even the causal observer say "that's an Oakley" and having the name printed especially on the nosebridge cheapens tba look to me....especially when the print then partially wears off.

I'm actually a proponent of no icon as well...I don't like the Splice icon and still feel the icon on the Romeo 2 was a mistake...these are quintessential designs that a) scream Oakley already and b) don't need their lines muddied with what amounts to advertising. There ARE exceptions to the rule....the icon on the Pit Boss and to a certain extent the Plate I actually like because I feel they are both unique and appear to have been specifically designed for the piece...they add to glass, not distract from it

I miss it on the 2 pairs of Fives 2.0 that I have. One pair is totally worn off....the other reads, 'OA EY' as the 'KL' hve since rubbed off.

I do like the Oakley on the Flak Jackets. Not sure I would like them on my x Metal frames. As far as the icon on the stems, If they are not too large they are great.

With Oakley's newer inks they use for the artist and other graphics (bake in or whatever they do) the logo on the nose bridge likely wouldn't wear off as easily.

I think it's part of the look of the original jacket series, and I wouldn't mind if the current Straight Jacket, Half/Flak/Fast Jackets, Tens, Twenty, Fives, had them. Basically the standard O-Matter round-O line and sports frames. I think leaving them off lifestyle square-O is fine.

Latest Posts

Back