• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Prefer Half Frame Or Full Frame?

I used to only like full framed glasses, but now i like both. Halfs are better for sport, and fulls seem more stylish.

Like a few of the others, it's half's (Flak Jacket) for me with any kind of sport/activity. As a rule, they're just cut out so much better for it than full frames. Rest of the time it's full frame metals or the beater Fives as the emergency car pair.

As a ballplayer I use only half-frames (Radar, Flak Jacket) because there's no lower frame to obstruct your downward vision. Off the field, I like my Pennys or Juliets which are, of course, full-frames. I think most people will wear what's right for any given circumstance. I've even rocked polished black Flak Jackets with BI lenses while wearing a black suit and tie and it worked well. That would have been tough to pull off with Radars or Jawbones, though. Flaks are pretty versatile in that regard, although a lot depends on the frame color and lens choice.

I'm all about the half frame in suns and RX. Mainly because I like how they look much better, but also because I have such a tiny, narrow face they're all that fit me pretty much, and even many of them don't fit quite right. Any M frame, radar, the like, the fast jacket....yea. I'm truly cursed lol

Back