• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You really Use The Bag or Cleaning Cloth To Maintain Your Oakleys?

The cloth size is a drag in this kit(though portable). Looks like im stopping by sunglass but tomorrow for the big one... I never knew.

On the go, I use the cloth included in the kit. The bags for me, are protection and storage while out. But, for cleaning, hot water melts away oils that build up on lenses fairly well. An air dry and quick spray/swipe always works for me. Once again, this is just a personal opinion that suits my needs and personal schedule. Any damage or unsatisfaction based on my opinion is not subject to liability.

Cleaning kit. I've got one just for cycling Radar lenses that get cleaned before I leave for a ride, and when I'm out there I live with the sweat or water drops or whatever that may get on them. If the stain obstructs my vision I stop and use a tissue I have in a baggie in a jersey pocket and don't worry about any fine scratches. Those Radars get PLENTY of use and I view the lenses as having a finite life span. Now the "good stuff" lenses get only the O cloth or the sunglass hut cloth. @#1 Stunna! nailed it.

;)

Ebay they are like 2 for $5 and free shipping
Look at this on eBay (2) X Large Sunglass Hut Sunglass Cleaning Cloths 12X14" Great For Disc Cleaning
I love these, and I use these as well. It's just so damn handy to have the little premoistened Zeis wipes and they fit in my pocket so nicely, lol. I usually wear Rx glasses (rocking the Oakley Overlord right now) and my lenses have a tendency to get dirty at work. Nice to have a disposable wipe and they are super cheap at Walmart. But yeah, these big cloths from the sunglasses hut are excellent.

The elite microfiber cloth is a whole different type of bag from the normal one that comes with the sunglasses. Just saying.

I use that outside but sparingly anyway.

In the house it's an actual microfiber that was given to me by O

Back