• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Remember Your First Oakley's? How Many?

TNGoldbeard

Dextera
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The High Seas
The T Wire thread got me thinking (remembering) that I owned a pair once, somewhere in the mess below. Black or gray with a black lens I think. I keep remembering more Oakley's I've had through the years.

First pair. Eye Jackets
Frame: Moss
Lens: Gold Iridium
Family: Sport
SKU: 04-016
Date: 1994-1999
Started working when I was 13 to buy a bike and sunglasses. Moss Green and Gold Eye Jackets. I am starting the hunt to replace them, they got broken in a Jet Ski crash a loooong time ago.

Second pair. Black Eye Jackets with Persimmon lenses to use at night when biking or boating, had these alongside my Moss Eye Jackets.

Third pair. Juliets with Blue (Ice?) lenses, yup.
Frame: Plasma
Lens: Ice Iridium Polarized
Family: X-Metal
Price: $330
SKU: 04-123
Date: 1999
Wore the **** out of those for a decade or better. I can not find them, maybe I sold them but I don't know, I've torn my and my parents houses apart looking.

Fourth pair. Pennys, same as above, lost somehow or sold. I honestly don't think I've ever lost sunglasses, so I think I am forgetting selling them.

Fifth pair. Square Wire 2.0
Frame: Tungsten
Lens: Tunsgten Iridium Polarized
Family: Wire
Price: $210
SKU: OO4075-06
Date: February 2014
Square Wires, polished brown with brown lenses, wore them out!

Sixth pair. Jupiter Squared
Frame: Polished Black
Lens: Jade Iridium
Family: Active
Price: $140
SKU: OO9135-05
Jupiter Squareds, Polished black with Emerald or Jade Iridium. Chris has these putting new lenses in them.

It's fuzzy after this as I've got a mix of Oakleys. Several I've bought very recently. Half Jacket 2.0s I wore the hell out of, etc. I have a small collection that has grown a lot this year. This place isn't gonna help... lol

Last edited:
Valve 1.0 matte black FMJ new purchase in 2002 (I believe) at the Arrowhead Mall "O" Store.... I probably trashed the box before I even got out of the mall because why would I want to keep a box?????! Amazing that this pair survived me back then and that I still have them.... they actually are still in great shape as well..... Can't remember what I bought after that.... pretty sure it was a Splice but those years are kinda' fuzzy to remember :grin:

Valve 1.0 matte black FMJ new purchase in 2002 (I believe) at the Arrowhead Mall "O" Store.... I probably trashed the box before I even got out of the mall because why would I want to keep a box?????! Amazing that this pair survived me back then and that I still have them.... they actually are still in great shape as well..... Can't remember what I bought after that.... pretty sure it was a Splice but those years are kinda' fuzzy to remember :grin:
Fuzzy years are always a factor... lol Man I wish my older stuff survived.

Back