• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anybody know/bought from Stone Optics UK

It's true I owed some people money when I fell ill. I pissed a few people off that's for sure. But I am not a scammer. I have been making efforts to pay those people back in full but it has taken me some time. I only dealt with Zeiss for a short time before moving on. They don't have great colours and they mostly work for Luxx now. I tried the Nikon bases but they won't produce 8 base curves at a decent price. The current lenses are made here in the UK by another large company. Willing to send a few free samples to those who'd like a hands on.
That's total B.S. bro. You are actually a scammer because the definition of a scammer is a "fraud" or "someone who is dishonest". It took a while, but you fulfil both these criteria.

And it's not just me that discovered it either.

You sent me a copy of an invoice allegedly from Carl Zeiss, Germany as "proof" to me in an earlier conversation.

Later, I contacted Carl Zeiss directly myself and they categorically denied any dealings with you or your company over the phone and in an email to me.

I spoke to the eBay guy that sold you the lenses you flogged off at more than twice the retail on both eBay and Amazon. He told me his lenses were made in China.

You need to come clean and admit that you never did business with Carl Zeiss and you knowingly lied about these lenses.

You promised matte lenses to a guy in Florida from last year allegedly from Carl Zeiss which never arrived, because they never existed and you never had a relationship with them. He's still waiting for the "samples" by the way.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support everyone!
I was unfortunate enough to do business with stone optics / prozoneuk / placeholderuk /
i have had no end of trouble, i have been incredibly reasonable and given lots of time, i was given the run around for a long time and it wasn't until i threatened to go public on here and was looking into court proceedings that i started getting any money back.
yes i have had some money back in dribs and drabs but i am still owed.
i have been so lenient and forgiving, he may have been ill that is his personal business but it is the constant BS and being given the run around that has hacked me off.
for instance he claims to use an old Nokia phone and have no access to the internet to be able to make a money transfer while working away, and has no access to the internet or a computer while away.
works away so i ask for a date he will get back and be able to pay, which gets longer and longer and only find out any more because i have to keep contacting him, to the point where he says he will be heading home tomorrow or in the morning and it still take him a week to get back. if he gave me a date and kept to it then i wouldn't have an issue.
claims to have sold items so will have money ready to transfer, then when it comes to sending the money that money seems to have disappeared and he cant send much of anything at all.
Andrew stone lives with / works for him and is involved, often the only way to get in contact is to speak to Andrew an get him to contact me back , Andrew has blocked me since i said to him that i did not know how involved he is in the scamming an BS.
this has now been going on for a year and a half
All i want is my money.

Thanks for the support everyone!
I was unfortunate enough to do business with stone optics / prozoneuk / placeholderuk /
i have had no end of trouble, i have been incredibly reasonable and given lots of time, i was given the run around for a long time and it wasn't until i threatened to go public on here and was looking into court proceedings that i started getting any money back.
yes i have had some money back in dribs and drabs but i am still owed.
i have been so lenient and forgiving, he may have been ill that is his personal business but it is the constant BS and being given the run around that has hacked me off.
for instance he claims to use an old Nokia phone and have no access to the internet to be able to make a money transfer while working away, and has no access to the internet or a computer while away.
works away so i ask for a date he will get back and be able to pay, which gets longer and longer and only find out any more because i have to keep contacting him, to the point where he says he will be heading home tomorrow or in the morning and it still take him a week to get back. if he gave me a date and kept to it then i wouldn't have an issue.
claims to have sold items so will have money ready to transfer, then when it comes to sending the money that money seems to have disappeared and he cant send much of anything at all.
Andrew stone lives with / works for him and is involved, often the only way to get in contact is to speak to Andrew an get him to contact me back , Andrew has blocked me since i said to him that i did not know how involved he is in the scamming an BS.
this has now been going on for a year and a half
All i want is my money.

This is all very shocking and totally unfair.

If he is the “Businessmen” that he purports to be he should have a working capital and possibly a decent line of credit with adequate cover should anything go tits up!

I think it isn’t safe to say this dude and his homeboy have burned their bridges messing with well-established and respected members here.

Foolish.

This is all very shocking and totally unfair.

If he is the “Businessmen” that he purports to be he should have a working capital and possibly a decent line of credit with adequate cover should anything go tits up!

I think it isn’t safe to say this dude and his homeboy have burned their bridges messing with well-established and respected members here.

Foolish.

Well he has the money to try different lenses from different companies (as he just claimed in his own words).......but doesnt have the money to pay ALI back.....

Someone is getting bamboozled

@Magmaredhot,
@PlaceholderUK stated in the past that his lenses were sourced from Zeiss Germany. Then he categorically stated that they were from Zeiss UK.

If you're interested at all, you can email me for the facts and the people I contacted so you can check for yourself. I personally contacted his alleged Chinese source directly (who was on eBay) and rang and corresponded directly with Zeiss UK's customer care manager (who investigated my allegations of his claims. Zeiss denied any involvement with him).

For the record, PlaceholderUK has never admitted any of this. If he did, I wouldn't be writing.

My conclusion is that he is an intermittent fibber (because some people have had successful dealings with him).

Since then, he has claimed that he is sourcing his lenses from Nikon.

I haven't contacted Nikon, but I very much doubt that they are.

A few heavy hitting members here have had a lot of trouble with him and have lost out on services/money.

Avoid at all costs.
Thank you for your detailed report on this.
I think it is better for now to get my lenses elsewhere.
;)

I will now be doing a running commentary of my dealings until I have what I am owed.
25th of July I have told he had money pending in PayPal and would pay me at the weekend.
Nothing received, no messages then last Friday said he would be free on Sunday to pay, no more messages since. No money received.

Latest Posts

Back