• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone else dislike 'Recent Purchases' topics?

Why can't these threads be transformed into personal User Album posts? If someone wants to see the new pickups in the community, they go to the User Albums and search for recently posted pics. Boom, recent pickups that aren't threads but still can receive comments.

To be clear, I'm in no way saying people can't/shouldn't post recent purchases or anything like that.

I was wondering how other people felt about it.

As someone still fairly new to O collecting I really like these threads, I've discovered several pairs I've either bought or that are on my wish list from them.

I haven't done it much recently but I quite like being able to share a new buy I'm excited about

Its a shame you can't exclude sub-forums from what's new on tapatalk, maybe we should suggest it to the developers

As someone still fairly new to O collecting I really like these threads, I've discovered several pairs I've either bought or that are on my wish list from them.

I haven't done it much recently but I quite like being able to share a new buy I'm excited about
Once again, not saying it doesn't have its place, but I think a running thread would much better serve the purpose over 3 sections full of threads.

But Boss has a point, if someone is looking for info on a certain pair the individual topics would be easier to navigate.

It's cool. I was thinking a majority might share my opinion. Not looking to ruffle feathers or anything.

Once again, not saying it doesn't have its place, but I think a running thread would much better serve the purpose over 3 sections full of threads.

But Boss has a point, if someone is looking for info on a certain pair the individual topics would be easier to navigate.

It's cool. I was thinking a majority might share my opinion. Not looking to ruffle feathers or anything.

Thats cool just sharing my opinion, didnt mean to come off as having a go at you, i can see your point for sure.

I get so damned excited over my vanilla Carbon BIP Juliet's and my rather vanilla x-metal BI Mars, I can't wait to share it. Even though most of the x-metal collectors already have a pair of each of these, I am super stoked to share. I wouldn't be as excited to post this in a long running thread, where I get one or two replies, then someone posts up their find of a C six carbon in a sealed box that they found at a swap meet and picked it up for $6. which gets 90 replies and my score, which to me was the score of a lifetime, is all but forgotten.

You also have to remember forums have to generate income from ads. The more threads you have, the more your forum can charge for these ads. Having a thread with 900 pages isn't an income generator. Plus, depending on the forum software, (at least on NICO) long threads have a tendency to cause issues or crash the server. Heck, you get some asshats posting longcat over and over on one page, really screws up the page layout.

Most people I associate with, don't or can't appreciate that I added another pair to my collection. The common folk in the world don't understand that I have looked for a pair of Mars for many years and haven't been able to find an affordable pair.

That is what makes this place so great. Being around like minded people who love sunglasses, and understand how much a pair of friggin shades can mean to you. I remember when I joined NICO club, and posted some really lame ass mods to my Maxima. Some of my original posts were ridiculous. However I felt great sharing and some of the other n00bs thought what I was doing was cool. It's all about hanging out online with like minded people.
Just my $0.02

Everyone needs to start somewhere and if there's a person who has 4 pairs and gets a "vanilla" 5th pair, that still a huge percentage increase to their collection.

Keep em coming in my opinion!!!

id have to agree with Oakster and Beancooker - no, my recent purchase threads don't have 15 different pairs of the most difficult to find styles and colorways, but i work hard to fund a "hobby" that almost everyone in my life thinks is ridiculous - this is the only place where i can post my newest "piece" to my collection and not feel like im a psychopath.

id have to agree with Oakster and Beancooker - no, my recent purchase threads don't have 15 different pairs of the most difficult to find styles and colorways, but i work hard to fund a "hobby" that almost everyone in my life thinks is ridiculous - this is the only place where i can post my newest "piece" to my collection and not feel like im a psychopath.

BAM!!!

Exactly. That s exactly how I feel.

Back