• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone have Crosslinks w/ a high RX number?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
I bought a pair of Crosslinks and went into my local optometrist place to see about getting lenses for them. They called their lab and were told because of the base curve on my lenses, they couldn't do it. Does this sound right, or does anyone else have Crosslinks with a high RX/curve number? Mine is -8.75.

Tagging our friendly custom cutters @InfiniteHero and @xmetalmaniac

I don't have crosslinks, but I had my Juliets with Rx lenses in them in 98, which oakley did. I bought a new pair 4 years ago and they would not do it because of my high Rx, so I showed them my Juliets and they shipped both pairs back to oakley, and oakley did the lenses on the new Juliet. But was off on the subscription. :headbang:If that helps!

PP ---- PM me with your PD and your numbers and I will see what I can get done for you. NO its no problem to do. Not cheap but can be done. Would need the frame to make it happen after you approve the process.

I bought a pair of Crosslinks and went into my local optometrist place to see about getting lenses for them. They called their lab and were told because of the base curve on my lenses, they couldn't do it. Does this sound right, or does anyone else have Crosslinks with a high RX/curve number? Mine is -8.75.

Tagging our friendly custom cutters @InfiniteHero and @xmetalmaniac

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with bad eyes. -8.5 here... I've always had to pick certain frames to accommodate the prescription. Got the Oakley Clubface now, first pair of half rims. Gotta love high index lenses haha.

Last edited:
Good Lord you guys are blind!!

My wife is an Optometrist and I know when it comes to sunglasses and RX, they can only go so high on the RX because of the thickness of the frames. It has to do with the seating of the lens in the frame properly.

I'll have to look a my RX... But they beveled the edges of my lenses to fit em in the Crosslink Pro frame.
What area are you from?

I have a buddy that owns a shop in Jersey that made it happen....

I have a crosslink with prescription, but I honestly don't know what my prescription is. I took it in and they sent it back with my prescription in it. I know I didn't say anything to help you but is my story with my crosslink

Latest Posts

Back