• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone know why Oakley's quality is becoming worse?

Do you think Oakley's Quality has dropped?

• Total voters
Its not like you can just go buy another brand.
Go buy a pair of Ray Bans. Owned by Luxottica
Go buy a pair of Armani. Owned by Luxottica
Prada, Giorigio, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Tory Burch, DKNY. All made by Luxottica.
Plus they own most of the sunglass And optical stores.
Talk about a monopoly.
That sounds like a monopoly to me!

I have had mine for 18 months and I can't wear my polarized lenses anymore for the same reason... seriously pissed off

Seems the new ones are the issue‍♂️
The quality, in my limited experience, is still phenomenal. I bought my first pair of Oakley Antix when I graduated high school and they still look pretty damn good and thats no small feat since I work construction and as a lifeguard.

I'd like to think the quality of Oakley's lens is still top notch but they have changed as a company in my opinion. Back in the day, late '90's early 00's their customer service was a joyous experience. Simply pop into nearest authorised dealer ask for a returns box, which was prepaid postage as well pop in broken Oak's with a few pertinent details and a lovely lady rings you back and makes everything better for a very modest charge. New frames for my broken Minutes, that'll be £15 please! And the nosepiece for your M Frame, no charge! lol

I dont know why...maybe someone here could give me a Wind Jacket 2.0 or the new EJ Redux and so I can give my opinion...
The newer O I have is the Olympic EVZero.
I believe the O Golden Era goes until the Splice/Scar/Plate years, Jawbone beeing an exception...probabily...

Because like everything else, why risk innovation when you can sit and pad your pockets on the misinformed masses that eat spoon fed processed foods, listen to everything they watch/read and can’t develop an informed opinion if it was required of them.

I dont know why...maybe someone here could give me a Wind Jacket 2.0 or the new EJ Redux and so I can give my opinion...
The newer O I have is the Olympic EVZero.
I believe the O Golden Era goes until the Splice/Scar/Plate years, Jawbone beeing an exception...probabily...

You want one for free?

Back