• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does "DE" Lower The Value Of Glasses?

I picked up a pair recently from the bay, and when they arrived I found them to be DE labeled. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the glasses, box, bag, case...nothing, everything was perfect as described...short of the DE box. At first I was left feeling duped, but was over it fast realizing I snagged a pair that was on my wishlist and for a decent price. Was going to call the seller on the DE not being mentioned in the sale, but ended up letting it go. I think only the most hardcore collectors will be concerned with having a non-DE box, as they would be among the few willing to pay a higher price for all original sets. If everything else is included as it would be with a non-DE pair, then I think there is no real difference in value.

I would never pay full price for a pair of DE glasses. As has been said these are display glasses & so have been handled & tried on many times. I'd always expect them at a reduced price. I paid £49.00 for my DE pair of LiveStrong Radar's only came with the LiveStrong bag & box, could get on with them & so sold them to my brother in law.

Usually it is store policy to throw away ALL DE packaging but there are rare instances and some stores that don't practice this.

Yup. At my Vault, the policy is to get rid of the original box. However, if it comes with matching bag/other stuff, they will generally keep it as part of the deal. ...and if you know the employees, you can sometimes secure the box as well. I've literally seen shipments of product come in and get de-boxed in the store; so I don't think that much of it has actually been displayed. The lack of return policy does sort of suck. But if they don't look perfect in the store, don't buy.

Just for the record, not all DE packaging had been on display. I have picked up a few DE pieces right out of the store and they have never been out of the box.

Latest Posts

Back