• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does the matte black Crosslink get dirty easily?

beelzebomb

Oakley Beginner
The matte black Crosslink looks good & is a great fit, but that frame feels kinda less smooth, almost rubbery on quick inspection, do they get dirty and show the dirt faster than if they were polished ones and if so are they harder to keep clean?

I own a pair, haven't used them much cause I haven't found non rx lenses to put in at a decent price.
However I would say NO don't get more dirty or show dirt faster at all.

Edit: I just checked, I actually own Satin Black, its very similar to matte black. I think its the one your talking about.
Crosslink
(55) Satin Black
OX8030-0155

Gyazo - 98db99b229de44e8f81417d6183935f0.png

Checking the database I cant see any polished black crosslink frame.

Gyazo - 873b1133222e39001ac5f018b03873cd.png

Last edited:
None of the frames should really stay dirty. The earsocks yes; but the actual frame shouldn't get to the point where you can't wash them off.

Thanks all, yeah I meant satin black. Compared to my Buckets, the fit and comfort is great. I guess Bucket is a compromise between the renowned Oakley fit and standard glasses though. Reckon I'll go for these then and relegate the Bucket to either ebay or reading glasses with new lenses!