• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

does the oakley spine case dismantle?

Adam Gibson

Oakley Beginner
Hi folks I'm new to this I've just bought a spine case for my study which I have to collect this week and was wondering if it is possible to dismantle the case I.e. remove the spine legs off the sides as I see they are attached by Allen bolts? If anyone has done this or knows the answer that would be really helpful

Hi folks I'm new to this I've just bought a spine case for my study which I have to collect this week and was wondering if it is possible to dismantle the case I.e. remove the spine legs off the sides as I see they are attached by Allen bolts? If anyone has done this or knows the answer that would be really helpful
Take a crescent wrench and set of allen keys with you. The storage cabinet and the spines are detachable from main display case. Just take note that the wiring from the power supply to the lights run up through the inside of one of the spines and will need to be disconnected at both ends to avoid stretching the cables.

Thank you so much I thought that would be the case from the picks I'll post a pick when I've got it back and set it all up in my study

Hi bro make sure you dismantle it laying down :) welcome

I was too scared to dismantle the one I bought to transport it home (85 miles) because I'm a mechanical idiot and I burn toast. So I grabbed a Yukon Denali from work and laid it down on blankets...when I got it home and set up I noticed that it should have been very easy to lay down and take apart. You should be fine, just watch the wiring like @mercbezerk said. :cool-33:

Back