• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does This Romeo Look Legit To You?

Thanks.

What do you call someone who can speak two languages? Bilingual.

What do you call someone who can only speak one language? American...
I think it's endemic to English-speakers, not just Americans. It's not common for Brits to be multi-lingual either. The usual approach is to repeat the English, just a little louder, when not understood abroad.

Though on my first trip here, I was slightly exasperated sitting behind an American loudly proclaiming that the Radisson chain should sue because the Japanese apparently had a Ladisson. Hmmm, yes, either that or the "la" phoneme doesn't exist in Japanese but "ra" is sometimes pronounced more like "la" in some words.

I sometimes think you don't export your best when it comes to tourists. Neither do we always, come to that. But please spread the word, using the word "quaint" anywhere in the UK is an arrestable offence (yes, with a c). Of course, it's not really, it would just help us out a lot ;)

I think it's endemic to English-speakers, not just Americans. It's not common for Brits to be multi-lingual either. The usual approach is to repeat the English, just a little louder, when not understood abroad.

Though on my first trip here, I was slightly exasperated sitting behind an American loudly proclaiming that the Radisson chain should sue because the Japanese apparently had a Ladisson. Hmmm, yes, either that or the "la" phoneme doesn't exist in Japanese but "ra" is sometimes pronounced more like "la" in some words.

I sometimes think you don't export your best when it comes to tourists. Neither do we always, come to that. But please spread the word, using the word "quaint" anywhere in the UK is an arrestable offence (yes, with a c). Of course, it's not really, it would just help us out a lot ;)
We make sure to send the worst possible examples of tourists abroad as much as possible.

That is cause the smart people like to stay home and watch movies. :p

I'm always amused when someone speaking English to somebody who doesn't understand English then tries to make themselves understood by speaking English in a foreign accent...

As if speaking English with a Spanish accent will make you understood by a Spanish speaker... Seriously? lol...

How about this pair: http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r120771037

RE the earlier one i showed with XX box and rubbers - is that an issue in terms of value?

Re: this pair - You can't see the end of the earstems, which, if flared, if a big sign of fakes for that model. But, lacking that view, they look completely legit. They're missing the nosebombs, though...

Re: XX box & rubbers - by itself it has some value, $50 - $100 depending, but overall a matched R1 with box and coin is worth more than the same R1 by itself, more that single R1 + price for separate box/coin. The big difference is "matched", where the serials of glasses and box match.

Thanks kronin323 - useful. So for the one with XX box and rubbers, what would you estimate the value of just the romeo and bag alone? $350-ish?

Thanks kronin323 - useful. So for the one with XX box and rubbers, what would you estimate the value of just the romeo and bag alone? $350-ish?
Jumping in... $350 ish is a steal. Less than $400 is good for an r1 since it is easy to customize them. A nice clean straight frame + custome lenses and rubbers would gor for $600 with quality components.

Yeah. +1 on dragonvoi - without box and coin, a good set of frames with useable OEM lenses can go for $500 - $600, depending on lens and rubber condition. And dragonvoi has done a lot of R1 deals...

Back