• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does titanium mean... "titanium"?

Since you’re new to the game you should also realize that Titanium frames are much more expensive than than non titanium frames
And I'll add the 24K is not actual 24K......it's been proven by some dumbass that's thought it was.

Carbon titanium = frame color/finish
Titanium Iridium = lens tint
Thanks for the response. So I 've read a few reviews and this exactly demonstrates why I was unsure. The Tincan Carbon Titanium has real carbon fiber earstems BUT titanium painted c5 orbitals. So in the same line they're mixing construction material and colorway. How am I supposed to differentiate? Yet they do use titanium in some frames like the Gauge 6 mentioned and countless others.

Thanks for the response. So I 've read a few reviews and this exactly demonstrates why I was unsure. The Tincan Carbon Titanium has real carbon fiber earstems BUT titanium painted c5 orbitals. So in the same line they're mixing construction material and colorway. How am I supposed to differentiate? Yet they do use titanium in some frames like the Gauge 6 mentioned and countless others.

Not sure how anyone could possibly be confused by this. The model name is Tincan Carbon (which of course is a Tincan with cf ear stems) , the frame color is Titanium and the lens color is Titanium Iridium. If Oakley were to ever come out with a Tincan made of titanium, they would probably just name it the Ti Tincan, like they did with the Square Wire, Crosshair, Whisker, etc

Nothing that oakley has ever done or ever will do makes any sense. Just don’t try. It’ll save you a lot of headache.

Not sure how anyone could possibly be confused by this. The model name is Tincan Carbon (which of course is a Tincan with cf ear stems) , the frame color is Titanium and the lens color is Titanium Iridium. If Oakley were to ever come out with a Tincan made of titanium, they would probably just name it the Ti Tincan, like they did with the Square Wire, Crosshair, Whisker, etc
Take the colorway x-metal. What material is that frame made of? X-metal. Is it painted? No.

So my question was if the colorway titanium can mean it's made of titanium.

Just to clear things up in case somebody from PETA finds this thread somehow, Frogskins are made from O Matter, not actual frog skin.
Don't even get started on the 24k XS and Juliet. A dude here, in a now deleted post got super mad because the 24k he bought was "fake". He LITERALLY got it tested at a lab (and provided pictures in a now deleted thread)!!!!

Back