• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Doing Aftermarket Lense Reviews. You Can Add Other Models.

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
I will have my hands on a few different brands of aftermarket lenses and thought I would start this thread to give my impressions and compare to oakley lenses. I dont have a great camera so pics wont be that great. I will have Samvette, Visionary Lenses, and Evolense. Not sure If I will get a hold of any others.I would like this thread to be open to talk about these lenses and others. What I dont want to see is the one individual coming in here saying the same thing they said in the other forums. We all know most likely Oakley is the best lense, but many of us need other options for older shades or beaters.

I know mate, but I wanted to add the others to the list also. Not much on samvette and evolense. I would love to add Walleva but dont have any right now. Linegear is pretty pricey for lenses and if I could I would spend the money on Oakley. Exovista can be pricey also.

Hmmm, I'm up in the air about this. None of those lenses stand up to the quality of Oakley, why should we promote something that is not Oakley. This is the Oakley forum, not the sunglass forum. And before anyone gets huffy about needing replacement lenses for older models, we have our own in house Dr. Chop, who I would bet my prized TBII, he could cut any lens out there out of an OEM Oakley lens to fit any pair you might have. As a collector of almost 15 years, I would never put those fake lenses in my Oakleys.

Hmmm, I'm up in the air about this. None of those lenses stand up to the quality of Oakley, why should we promote something that is not Oakley. This is the Oakley forum, not the sunglass forum. And before anyone gets huffy about needing replacement lenses for older models, we have our own in house Dr. Chop, who I would bet my prized TBII, he could cut any lens out there out of an OEM Oakley lens to fit any pair you might have. As a collector of almost 15 years, I would never put those fake lenses in my Oakleys.

Cutting Oakley lenses is no different than an aftermarket lenses with the exception of the plastic used. I stated I did not want poeple interrupting the thread talking about how everything is inferior. This is Oakley forum and this has to do with Oakley frames and sunglasses. If no one actually tries these items how can we know that Oakley is truly better. This is an experiment on my part to get down to the truth of aftermarket lenses and pallets quality.

Ohh and the doc does not cut lenses for every model out there the Romeo 2 is am example of one he will not cut for.

I don't care what you say, this is your thread, you can have it go in any direction you want. This is, however, an open forum and I can say pretty much what I want. So Romeo 2 is the only one you can come up huh? In my opinion, putting aftermarket lenses in your oakleys only degrades their value.

Romeo 2 and half " are all I asked him to make as of yet. I am sure there are others but did not ask. I will ask about flak jackets and others that I have. You can think what you want, but what if there is a better lens out there. Close minded people will never know because they are not willing to step of the path and find out.

Back