• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Done with eBay

Ebay can be good and bad, I think we've all had both results. Today I received a really nice pair of Juliets, as described, very happy. A couple of months ago, not so much, when I received a 'falling apart' Juliet with trashed lenses (I asked for a partial refund to sort). Top and bottom is, if its not a described, do something about it.

I saw a pair of red XS Fives listed and wanted it for my daughter. Described as pre-owned and never mentioned any scratches. I messaged the seller about any scratches on the frame and lenses. The answer was "no scratches at all". I messaged again mentioning previous experiences and having to return a few pairs because of undisclosed issues. The response was "I just checked and in almost mint condition". So I bought it. It had tons of scratches and returned it express mail in their expense.

I buy my Oak's from my local O or eBay ( the last 12 years ) and I have to say I've had NO issues . I never buy without checking feedback . If your purchase is not as listed , post the seller in the eBay section here , post true feedback and file a claim with them. Just my 2 cents .

Seems like I've been mostly lucky. Last pair I bought was a Thick brushed A-wire with Black Iridium lenses. The seller said it was used and there was no box, just the microfibre bag. I was surprised when i received it, totally scratch free, and frame, factory-tight.

I always weigh the risk/reward when buying from ebay. Luckily they have the return policy and refund policy. Same with here where you are held accountable for what you sell.

I've bought a quite a few glasses on eBay over the years and generally they have been as described and I have had no real issues but in the last few months I've had a set of retina burn jawbones where they have glued the jaws just and failed to mention this in the description and a pair of photochromic lenses for racing jackets where they were listed as BNIB and they had scratches on them and a defect in the right lens right in the eye line which was terribly blurry. The seller with the jawbones got very unhelpful but the case went my way and I returned them for a full refund (they later relisted noting that they were defective and they went for more money than I paid for them!) and the seller for the lenses was actually very helpful and offered a full refund.

I wonder if people are trying their luck with listings now to see if they can get more money or wonder if they are that stupid that they haven't checked the good that they are selling properly.

On ebay I tend to operate with lowered expectations. Then I'm more likely to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Same here. I usually expect lenses to be scratched and frames to show some wear. With my low expectations I've been pleasantly surprised a few times where I've considered it to be a good deal on frames needing service and gotten something almost mint:cool:

Back