• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

Can anyone confirm or deny Valve working for X metal XX? I read 'yes' in another thread, but wanted confirmation before buying frames/lenses with hopes of XX as it isnt listed heough. Thank you!

New Valve should work. For the 1.0 see above
@NoFair is correct, found the New Valve measurements.

I can see that it was confusing in this thread post, because it just says "valve" works rather than "New valve". And the only dimensions I did have in the companion "lens dimensions" post only had the Valve 1.0. Everything has been cleaned up and New valve dimensions has been added.

Valve, New (@cacatman)
Lens Width 60 mm
Lens Height 38 mm
Bridge Width 16 mm
Temple Arm Length 133 mm

Last edited:
New Valve may be able to be added to the "Yes, BUT" category for X-Squared.

Per @Chris A Hardaway , it may have been done before, but not preferred because of it being such a narrow margin of error. There is a risk for gaps around the orbitals. My inquiry to him was for a polarized lens, so maintaining that proper orientation alongside etching preservation may have something to do with it.
Perhaps something the do-it-yourself lens cutters could use, if they get it just right.

New Valve may be able to be added to the "Yes, BUT" category for X-Squared.

Per @Chris A Hardaway , it may have been done before, but not preferred because of it being such a narrow margin of error. There is a risk for gaps around the orbitals. My inquiry to him was for a polarized lens, so maintaining that proper orientation alongside etching preservation may have something to do with it.
Perhaps something the do-it-yourself lens cutters could use, if they get it just right.
When I get home, I’ll adjust.

In memory of a great guy. RIP Ross. Fitting tribute Cacatman.
Thanks Nutty. We all know that his legacy goes way way beyond mere Oakleys, and although I didn't know him, I know a lot of you older members did. Judging by the comments about him he was very well loved, so I hope that he won't be forgotten here by those who interacted with him over the years.

Latest Posts

Back