• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

Your gauge 8L should work too.

Ok great, thanks Chris. I haven’t forgot about the lenses I wanted you to cut a few months back. I now have about 3 frames That need lenses cut. I’ve Been acquiring the lenses so I can get them all done at once. I’ll be in touch with you sometime in the near future.

Ok great, thanks Chris. I haven’t forgot about the lenses I wanted you to cut a few months back. I now have about 3 frames That need lenses cut. I’ve Been acquiring the lenses so I can get them all done at once. I’ll be in touch with you sometime in the near future.
LOL. Wow. You're a patient guy!!!!

Lol I know, right? Took me a while to get the lenses I wanted cut for the original frame and by then I had more frames I acquired that needed donors too. So now I have the lenses I need for the four frames. One of the frames are going to be customized then it’s time for Chris to do his magic.

Not sure if it's in here at all but I cut a set of chrome polar frogskin lenses for my polished mars. I don't know what the heck the curve is but it's way different than non polar lifestyle curve frog lenses. Maybe toric curve. Either way they work great

Etching is gonzo though
20180820_005100.jpg
20180819_130849.jpg
20180820_005105.jpg
20180819_130854.jpg

Thanks buddy. Do you know what the curve is for polar frogskins vs the non. It's a crazy difference
One of these days I will need to measure... I didn't realize there was a difference. But I would bet it's 4 vs 6 if they are difference. I'm going to be against toric because that makes no sense in one way. The frog didn't wrap around... Toric is normally used to get that face wrap, but stay away from cheeks by having less vertical curve.

Not sure if it's in here at all but I cut a set of chrome polar frogskin lenses for my polished mars. I don't know what the heck the curve is but it's way different than non polar lifestyle curve frog lenses. Maybe toric curve. Either way they work great

Etching is gonzo though View attachment 517497 View attachment 517498 View attachment 517499 View attachment 517500
Wow Brian, those look amazing, especially with the hammerstems!!

Updated
Mars
Yes, but - Frogskins (wrong BC)(@SoulFulFrog),

Back