• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Donor lenses for X-Metals

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I recently bought a fair bit of base 8.75 curve donor lenses for x-metals as I'm a fan of keeping the original looks rather using other lenses like Turbine. I'm now offering some of my haul for sale.

All lenses are brand new in retail packaging unless stated otherwise.

* Big Taco (AU stock)
- Ruby Irid (Available: 5) - $90 USD
- Violet Irid (Available: 5) - $90 USD
- Fire Irid (Available: 5 .. 3)- $90 USD
- 24k Irid POLAR (Available: 5 ... 3) - $135 USD

* Scalpel
- Emerald Irid (Available: 5) - $60 USD
- Ruby Irid (Available: 5) - $60 USD

International shipping to US: $16 + optional insurance
International shipping to UK: $19 + optional insurance
Shipping to other locations: pm me
4% paypal fee surcharge applicable if paying as goods & services

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Thanks for the Tag! I just ordered myself 2- 24K Polar and 2- Violet Irid Polars yesterday!!! Grrr... missed this post. If anyone wants to purchase a set from @jdd32 and send them my way for a cut that's cool. Good job JDD32, and good looking out @stevepc74

Good luck with the sale!!! Great lenses, perfect for almost every frame that's 8.75 base. Even non X-Metals like Splice, Eye Jackets, etc.

Just to make it clear, the big taco lenses are converted from retail AUD pricing - i'm NOT scalping.

Ugh...just bought all my donor lenses the other day for Chris to cut. Now all these are popping up....ugh!!

PM sent!!

sold 2x fire
SPF 2x 24k

Username Hidden said:
I recently bought a fair bit of base 8.75 curve donor lenses for x-metals as I'm a fan of keeping the original looks rather using other lenses like Turbine.

Just curious, what is the difference if a Turbine donor is used? Is there a difference? Pardon my newbie ignorance! Thanks!!

Username Hidden said:
Just curious, what is the difference if a Turbine donor is used? Is there a difference? Pardon my newbie ignorance! Thanks!!
The difference is the base curve is exactly the same as the frame was designed to fit. Turbines have a base curve closer to 7, which makes them "flatter " than OEM X-metal lenses. Many people can't tell the difference, but the lens will be a hair closer to the eye and could have slight distortion. Most cutters can bevel the edge to make them work without any issues, but they are different than OEM.

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
The difference is the base curve is exactly the same as the frame was designed to fit. Turbines have a base curve closer to 7, which makes them "flatter " than OEM X-metal lenses. Many people can't tell the difference, but the lens will be a hair closer to the eye and could have slight distortion. Most cutters can bevel the edge to make them work without any issues, but they are different than OEM.

Oh thanks!! Glad I just scored some Big Taco lenses for DIRT cheap...got about 8 of them. Going to pick up some more tomorrow.

2.jpg