• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't Like the TwoFace

nlgrav182

Oakley Expert
Tried them out today. Reasons I don't like them:

Way too light. Cheap light... Pit Boss are solid and downright heavy. The light weight of the TwoFace takes away from the aluminum orbitals.
Fit. They don't fit like the Holbrooks, and I think have less of a curve to the frame.
Look of the frame. The bottom of the orbital, the aluminum piece, is too thin and gives the pair a Buddy Holly look.

Beef them up, increase the base curve, and make a consistent frame thickness around the lens and I'm a fan. Until then, I'll stick with my Holbrooks and Jup^2.

Anyone get to try them out and have similar/different opinions?

I picked these up Friday and I agree with the cheap feeling. The arms aren't as sturdy as my jup squares. I do like the "buddy holly" look but that's just personal preference. I'm not a collector more like an enthusiast. I stick to what looks good on me and these look great to be honest with you. Just my 2 cents

I like them, but i wouldn't buy them... The arms don't really feel like O-Matter... more like normal plastic... same goes with the new style switch... awesome design but it doesn't feel like o-matter... and i have noticed it doesn't say made in usa on them anywhere... maybe on the box?

I like them, but i wouldn't buy them... The arms don't really feel like O-Matter... more like normal plastic... same goes with the new style switch... awesome design but it doesn't feel like o-matter... and i have noticed it doesn't say made in usa on them anywhere... maybe on the box?

Are they acetate frames?

Probably not made in the USA...

Are they acetate frames?

Not acetate, clearly stated as O-matter and aluminum, which means C-5 alloy, which would line up with the rest of the Z80.3-standardized China-made product.

If even the O-matter Oakley Sunglasses aren't being made in the USA for much longer, that is a real shame. :sad:

Two Face box says Made in US

Style Switch box says Made in China

Both boxes also say "Designed and Engineered by Oakley, USA."

The aluminum part of the frame doesn't even feel or look like aluminum. On the Jupiter Factory Lite, you knew it was an aluminum frame, but I don't think most people would be able to tell by looking at the Two Face.

Aside from that, it looks like a bootleg Holbrook.

Haven't had it in my hands yet, but i think the TwoFace looks amazing! Definately gonna get a limited edition pair, when/if oakley makes a pair :)

On second look the two face has grown on me... And the style switch although it seems a hair flimsy model to model... Looks awesome... The two face isn't very oakleyesk though...

Back