• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't Like the TwoFace

No, not at all.

Ray Ban's lenses are made at a Lux factory in Italy. Oakley's lenses are made at Foothill Rance (Oakley HQ) in California.

No, not at all.

Ray Ban's lenses are made at a Lux factory in Italy. Oakley's lenses are made at Foothill Rance (Oakley HQ) in California.
I hope this is still happening and you are correct, do we have proof this is still going on @ HQ? I dont know what they are and aren't doing anymore its shady and if you ask, they wont clarify. I have sent many questions and concerns about models and parts still made in USA, to customer service and no response same with tweeter .

Go try on a pair of Ray-Ban glasses, look toward the edge of the lens, move your head, then you tell us if they're the same optics.
I will give it a try at some point, however top 2 in the world are or where these two brands , so the difference might not be so far apart.

I will give it a try at some point, however top 2 in the world are or where these two brands , so the difference might not be so far apart.

I think Ray ban's success is more a result of a strong brand name in combination with excellent marketing instead of a result of high quality and/or innovation.

I am not saying Ray ban is a low quality brand by any means. But in my opinion when both quality and innovation are taken into account Oakley is the best sunglass brand and after Oakley come many brands before Ray Ban.

I think Ray ban's success is more a result of a strong brand name in combination with excellent marketing instead of a result of high quality and/or innovation.

I am not saying Ray ban is a low quality brand by any means. But in my opinion when both quality and innovation are taken into account Oakley is the best sunglass brand and after Oakley come many brands before Ray Ban.

The current Ray Ban is a shining example of what a corporate juggernaut can do to a company that is failing. Ray Ban is the same quality as every other sunglass brand owned by Lux, save Oakley. Watch the 60 Minutes piece to hear exactly what Lux did to Ray Ban.

It might be time for one of us here to start a new brand that will outperform , just like Jim said , everything can be made better the question is by whom.

image.jpg
Read it and weep

Back