• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't use Lux for X metal fix

So sorry to hear your story. It's the opposite here in Canada. Its 35cad when I send in a pair and they always send them back with new rubbers and sometimes lenses.. I kid you not..I've had it happen twice now where I sent i a frame I broke down and they returned them tuned, new rubbers and new lenses..they turn it around in less than 48 hours.. I dont use the service as much anymore cuz I tune my own but you cant beat 35 bucks plus 10 shipping for a complete overhaul of a frame.. I've heard nightmares from people about the US services though. I'm glad ours is still an option.. I dont mind the aftermarket flex couplers if they are zach's but I really like knowing an OEM frame has all OEM parts.
I thought Oakley Canada had discontinued tuning X-Metals.

You certainly got lucky getting new lenses, rubber I have seen but never lenses.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I thought Oakley Canada had discontinued tuning X-Metals.

You certainly got lucky getting new lenses, rubber I have seen but never lenses.

Yup still here. I got a xx done in March. Unless it's over now but they were quite excited to hear I was going to send them something. That pair came back with new rubbers and a set of grey xx lenses.. at least I think they are grey lol.. regardless it worked out again..

Do you like that pin pusher? I just ended up making my own tool here to use. I figured eventually I'd run into something I couldn't break down but so far I'm able to pull everything apart and reassemble it without issues..maybe I've been lucky..

I just bought one and used it for the first time. Very easy to use, I am very happy with it. Haven't re-assembled yet but disassembly was very easy. Also, was delivered 4 days from my order.

Yup still here. I got a xx done in March. Unless it's over now but they were quite excited to hear I was going to send them something. That pair came back with new rubbers and a set of grey xx lenses.. at least I think they are grey lol.. regardless it worked out again..
Heard that long before March, so It must have been false, that or a misinformed rep on the phone.

Do you like that pin pusher? I just ended up making my own tool here to use. I figured eventually I'd run into something I couldn't break down but so far I'm able to pull everything apart and reassemble it without issues..maybe I've been lucky..

That pin pusher wasn't made specifically for the xmetals, I remembered Kimsan mentioning that it was for something else but he thought it was good enough for the xmetal pins. However, I had to make some adjustments of my own. I did create a thread 3 years back showing how I get the pins in and out of the nosebridge.

The key is to keep the bridge level while pushing the pins in and out so as long as your method serves that purpose, it should be fine.

I'm surprised they even sent it back to you. Horror stories from my customers about Oakley trying to get them to trade their X Metal for plastic frames, holding for 6+ weeks, sending them back tighter than before but still loose (using used flex couplers for repairs), etc. etc.

I'm surprised they even sent it back to you. Horror stories from my customers about Oakley trying to get them to trade their X Metal for plastic frames, holding for 6+ weeks, sending them back tighter than before but still loose (using used flex couplers for repairs), etc. etc.

I think we mostly hear the horror stories. Mine have always come back fine (bit of a mediocre job last time) and they never have charged me for it either. Probably worse now though with less experienced people doing the work and a shortage of parts too afaik

Back