• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't worry. I don't bite (Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
Hi Y'all. Am a fan of Oakleys and have a few. Nothing insane as some of them awesome collections I seen here. I own some vintage stuff like Valves, Splices, and Scars. And am a big fan of them X-metals. I wouldn't call what I have a 'collection'. I definitely don't have a way to display stuff like those awesome display cases I seen here. I came here because I have Oakley questions I can't find answers for elsewhere. And from what I seen, it looks like I came to the right place. So how do I start to ask questions? These vintage Valves I have have aftermarket lenses, and I wanted to find out how to find better lenses than the ones I put in myself. Thank you all for having me here.

IMG_7543.jpeg

I know of custom cuts somewhat because I heard of them. I need to look into it a little more. Thank you.
Basically, you get a larger properly curved lens and cut it to fit. You can research and try to find the donor lens or ask Chris if he has something. A lot of us do it so we still have Oakley quality lenses even if they are cut special.

Basically, you get a larger properly curved lens and cut it to fit. You can research and try to find the donor lens or ask Chris if he has something. A lot of us do it so we still have Oakley quality lenses even if they are cut special.
So does Oakley have a list of glasses and donor lenses for them? I don't know anything about curvatures and such. This is very interesting, and I have a Minute that needs its lenses changed out too.

So does Oakley have a list of glasses and donor lenses for them? I don't know anything about curvatures and such. This is very interesting, and I have a Minute that needs its lenses changed out too.

this has some info...

this has some info...

Hahaha. I'm like getting confused. I guess you noticed I posted the same question someplace else, and you're there too. OOOOhhh. Thank you for the bed time reading material. Now I gotta figure out how to save that. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back