• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap battery

cp8235

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Piedmont, OK
OF,

Just bought a Doubletap from a forum member who told me after we made the deal that it would need a new battery. The watch arrived yesterday and today the jeweler to whom I took it said that the case back was uncharacteristically tight. Is that a feature of these watches? The jeweler declined to attempt opening it.

I took it to a second highly-rated jeweler. They’re gonna take a look at it in the morning. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

I am curious to find out if there’s something unusual about the back. That jeweler has done good work for me in the past.

When I got mine from the O store it was incredibly tight, I couldn’t open it without a lot of force. Second time it was opened (by a member here for a fix) again, the watch was stupidly tight, he even said he believed he wouldn’t be able to open it. So, with all this, either it is a safety feature, some weird effect with the water seal, or we are just dumb and tighten this thing to the max twice

Latest Posts

Back