• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap battery

The seller of the watch is me and the watch was bought as i told the buyer new at end of 2015. Worn couple of times and remained in its case . the battery died after almost 4 years and i sold it stating that the battery is dead
Noone has touched the back case .
So where is the whole shady of the discussion?
You tell me that a jeweler of yours found the back case very tight. So what the point in that?
You didn’t mention the battery until after I’d paid.
I wasn’t familiar with Oakley case backs being tight or hard to open.
The jeweler I usually use has worked on multiple other watches, including rebuilding a Seiko dive watch I’ve had since 1997. That watch is now in perfect running order.
I had no reason to doubt the jeweler’s abilities, so I mentioned that he stated the back was extremely tight, thinking that as an Oakley watch owner you might be familiar with that characteristic.
You were not, so I asked the Forum.
Forum members have stated that case back tightness is a known characteristic, so I’ve taken it to a different place.
With regards to another member bringing up potential shadiness, I agree that not mentioning the need for a new battery until after money has changed hands is at least not preferred.
I’d be interested to know if that’s considered to be a standard occurrence.

Ok so you think that i tried to deceive you .
Please send me paypal details to send you the battery cost.
My O-knowledge goes far but i cannot try to convince you that a mint watch has never had its cover case opened.

The battery life or changes in quartz watches is not a defect.

I don’t recall using the word “defect” or asking for money for a battery. I’m simply trying to be more informed. You jumped into this thread; I didn’t involve you here. I do think that it would be better practice to replace a dead battery before shipping, and as I mentioned earlier, I should have re-considered after getting that info. This other jeweler that now has the watch is saying they have experience with Oakley watches. So I’m optimistic that this afternoon I’ll be picking it up in full working order.

Your way of asking and placing facts is not just for gathering info there is a spread of doubt and feeling that you have been deceived by the seller who is me. I am not hiding and i am here to solve any inquiries but Jesus its a watch battery replacement of course the watch will be minty operational unless the jeweler is a butcher

I don’t recall using the word “defect” or asking for money for a battery. I’m simply trying to be more informed. You jumped into this thread; I didn’t involve you here. I do think that it would be better practice to replace a dead battery before shipping, and as I mentioned earlier, I should have re-considered after getting that info. This other jeweler that now has the watch is saying they have experience with Oakley watches. So I’m optimistic that this afternoon I’ll be picking it up in full working order.
Again. With all due respect, Stavros is a top member here. He may have forgotten about the battery. He is just trying to make it right with ya.

the back locitate is strong with watches that maybe never had replacement from even prior to selling the watch. I’ve sweated trying to open up a back, until my jewler did it with his vice with ease. Cranked it and within 5 seconds it came off.

Cranked it...
1605720395092.gif

I’ll jump in here.... @STavros it was me that said “shady” not @cp8235 and I don’t think he was ever calling you out, merely looking for others experience/Expertise. You are a top notch guy and great member. It was a poor choice or maybe just an over site on your part about the battery. I’ve bought and sold a lot here (including from you :)) and would have been very upset myself if after I made a deal with someone they said ooh by the way, the watch will need a new battery and I feel every other member would feel the same and maybe @cp8235 should have said something at that time instead of just throwing it out there. If I was the buyer, I would have asked for partial refund at that point.

Status update- just got a call from the jeweler- they changed the battery and said that it took two people to get the back off. The person that called didn’t have details about tools but I’m definitely gonna ask the guys who did it for details when I pick it up later. I will be able to pick it up later this afternoon after I get off work. So, thanks for all of the input from the various members who contributed!

Back