• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap battery

For tight case backs you want an opener with a vice and positive engagement to prevent slipping and damage to the case back.View attachment 810510
First time I had to change my HP battery, the casing wouldn't budge at all. I had to use something very similar to this to get it open. Although, the teeth to grab onto the casing were shaped more like a standard screwdriver head, to match the grooves on the casing cover.

I think that this was just a miscommunication in the sellers part and the buyer took to the forum to at least get some information as he was worried there may be an issue. In no way did he call you out. I think every person that would be in the buyers shoes would be slightly irritated by paying for a product then being informed of an issue even if the issue is as little as changing a battery. Seller should of offered to change battery before sending or a partial refund for battery swap. But the buyer also should of gave input on not being happy about having to change the battery. Both the buyer and seller in this situation have been active in the forum and seem like good guys. In the end the buyer maybe should of communicated with the seller before posting. Maybe he did and need input by others. But it is what it is let’s just not drag it out for weeks. In all reality a battery could die mid shipment.

To end the story
The buyer did not called my name i easily could have stayed silent
I did not because i am not a yesterday member i am almost 9 years one with almost 200 written apart those not written positive feedback
I had photos of the watch which i provided for the listing which were taken some time ago not long though. The watch was in its case so no worn from the time of the picture taken up until the sale. When i took it out of its box to pack it up for dispatch i noticed that the battery died and i informed buyer. he replied ok if he insisted in replacing the battery or discounting lets say 20 bucks for the battery ( it cost 2 euros here jeez) i would have done it, His reply was just ok.
After i see this thread that the back cover is super tight and so on and shady things may be behind that etc
So i jumped in and clealry stated Hey its me ask me whatever you need

And after all we are discussing for a battery replacement. all went well the watch is mint the buyer received it in mint condition and we are discussing for a battery replacement. I have no more comment on that

I just did 3 Doubletaps and the backs were VERY tight compared to all the others I have done.
My Hollowpoint was specifically difficult to crack open. I ended up using this and gave it a good anger filled crank down. After that, opened up like a steamed clam. The tool has optional tips that fit a rounded or squared off grooved case backing.
20201204_002947.jpg

I'm stumbling over the same issue. The watch doctor I trust got all the vice tools he needed - just not the tool to hold the watch in position because it is too big. He's servicing my watches since ages but wasn't able to open the Double Tap. Even because it is a black one, he's aware of scratching it. We tried it together, no chance.

Back